Poll

Poll- How many users have not had trouble with CTM?

No problems
34 (43%)
Very minor easy to fix problems
20 (25.3%)
Difficult/time consuming to fix problems
8 (10.1%)
Ruined the system
17 (21.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: How many users have not had trouble with CTM?  (Read 71966 times)

Offline dagrev

• Comodo Member
How many users have not had trouble with CTM?
« on: December 08, 2010, 03:15:39 pm »
I've used it some with no problems--but did uninstall for fear that I would.  I'm using Win7(64).  It's saved me in the limited time I've used it. 

How about others?
Toshiba Sat P870, Intel i7 2.30 GHz, Win7 Home Premium (64b), avast! IS, MBAM Pro, WinPatrol, Soluto (gotta try it). iDriveSync (free).

Offline jumboo10

Re: How many users have not had trouble with CTM?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 04:28:44 pm »
i'm afraid to try it again , it said installed fine and on reboot while it was finishing of partion it failed to complete with error , i had no choice but to reinstall operating system and all my programs took hrs :( p.s. used it on xp 32bit ...i used it before quite a while ago with no problems.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 04:30:34 pm by jumboo10 »

Offline Budda

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 08:37:06 pm »
Like with Comodo Disk Encryption, Dragon, and System Cleaner I no longer use it because of all the bugs riddled within the software and lack of development pace.

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 12:48:49 am »
No issues at all here.
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline Zero3K

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 10:21:23 am »
The only issue I've had with it is that the latest beta "used" up my free space so I had to do a manual compacting of the snapshots.

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 11:22:15 am »
I'm not with CTM until the development really shows improvements and stability.
avast! team member
Save freeware snapshot technology of Comodo Time Machine. Vote!

Offline dagrev

• Comodo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 03:26:15 pm »
I love the program (or the idea of it) and would gladly pay good money for a solid working version, but it's sure not favorable to see even these few results. 

I wonder if most are having trouble in install of after it's been running for some time.
Toshiba Sat P870, Intel i7 2.30 GHz, Win7 Home Premium (64b), avast! IS, MBAM Pro, WinPatrol, Soluto (gotta try it). iDriveSync (free).

Offline jay2007tech

• Malware Research Group
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 10:13:32 pm »
I have it on 2 machines, works like a charm.

I think a better topic would be " How many users had trouble with CTM"  then ask what kind of hardware specs they had :)  But that's just me

I'm going to eventully add another computer to CTM and replace Shadow Defender :)  and possibly another computer thats running steady state
It's hard being a crooked Admin when the files won't pass an md5checksum test.  But like any other good crooked Admin it can be done, it just takes time(and lots of it) and a few aspirins

Offline dagrev

• Comodo Member
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 10:21:43 pm »
I think a better topic would be " How many users had trouble with CTM"  then ask what kind of hardware specs they had :)  But that's just me

I understand, but my thought was there are pages and pages of posts where people did have trouble, so I was interested in hearing from people who didn't have trouble, and how many.  It seems forums are often filled generally with problem posts, as for those who are having no problems tend to post less seeing that things are going smoothly.  At least that was my thought anyway.  ;D  

But I'm curious about any common reasons (if any) as to why some had trouble.  Are most problems with VISTA, multiple drives, constant tinkering....etc.

Thanks for posting.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 10:24:44 pm by dagrev »

Offline jay2007tech

• Malware Research Group
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 02:16:05 am »
I understand, but my thought was there are pages and pages of posts where people did have trouble, so I was interested in hearing from people who didn't have trouble, and how many.  It seems forums are often filled generally with problem posts
I know what your saying,  I just wish users that have problem to include some hardware info like
Intel or AMD chip
32x or 64x
brand of computer like: DELL HP ACER
Do they have other operating systems on the computer, like linux, BSD *******

or even better use speccy
http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download
take a snapshot of your hardware info, give a copy to a mod here so the mod can send it to the devolper.  

It would help narrow down witch computers are causing issues,  That just an idea.  If it is a good idea, there should be a sticky on what hardware info and a simple way to help the delvoper out.  It'll be like helping them help us :)

« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 02:17:37 am by jay2007tech »
It's hard being a crooked Admin when the files won't pass an md5checksum test.  But like any other good crooked Admin it can be done, it just takes time(and lots of it) and a few aspirins

Offline dagrev

• Comodo Member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 06:52:53 am »
Amen!

Offline hyatt69

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 08:33:41 am »

thats what the bug report thread was or supposed to be.when someonne had a problem they were supposed to enter the computer specs and the problem

I know what your saying,  I just wish users that have problem to include some hardware info like
Intel or AMD chip
32x or 64x
brand of computer like: DELL HP ACER
Do they have other operating systems on the computer, like linux, BSD *******

or even better use speccy
http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download
take a snapshot of your hardware info, give a copy to a mod here so the mod can send it to the devolper.  

It would help narrow down witch computers are causing issues,  That just an idea.  If it is a good idea, there should be a sticky on what hardware info and a simple way to help the delvoper out.  It'll be like helping them help us :)

Offline ratchet

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2010, 10:19:51 am »
Somewhat difficult for me to answer this.  I've had it on an XP, SP3 desktop and on a Vista SP2 laptop for almost one year.  I had a free one year subscription to AyRecovery which I uninstalled a few days early the first week in January 2010.  The previous year I had used ZSoft Uninstaller to monitor the install and figured I'd use it to do the uninstall...big mistake!  Apparently, all snapshot applications should only be removed with their own uninstaller.  Even though ZSoft had completely corrupted the uninstall and I was in the midst of a major BSOD, as a last resort I hit the "Home" key on one of many boot attempts and amazingly even though AyR was "half" removed I was able to recover.  Then a couple of months later on the laptop, either after one of the massive MS patch Tuesdays (one time there were 18 Hot fixes) or when I was uninstalling CTM for my monthly defrag and Paragon imaging, I nuked the MBR and was really screwed!  I was finally able to boot from a Paragon disk I'd made and repaired the MBR.  No problems since.  Still can't recall why it happened!     

Offline dagrev

• Comodo Member
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 06:54:24 am »
Not very promising results for such a great idea.  With this many problems I would say all versions are still in beta.

If this worked without messing your PC up this would be something everyone should have as standard equipment on a computer.  As it is I'm scared to reinstall 2.8, but sure hope 2.9 is more together as far as problems go. 

Offline SiberLynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2010, 11:20:15 pm »
...I think a better topic would be " How many users had trouble with CTM"
Wrong! ...sorry about being so blunt
The initial question was correctly written

... then ask what kind of hardware specs they had :)
What that suppose to mean ???

...  But that's just me
Yes that's just you... and  Ewen  ;D
No issues at all here
what about “there”?

The Software is a simple crap – that is French for "La merde"
(as Vladimir Ulianov (Lenin) liked to repeat when arguing with his political opponents - "?????!, my friend",)

Like with Comodo Disk Encryption, Dragon, and System Cleaner I no longer use it because of all the bugs riddled within the software and lack of development pace.
Indeed – all mentioned is trash – as simple as that

Not very promising results for such a great idea...
Great idea is one thing the implementation is another .
You can use free Software(s) that already implemented perfectly and working excellently without any troubles supporting all those great ideas

"Ruined the System" is my vote - applied to all mentioned Software

Cheers!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 11:46:06 pm by SiberLynx »
Main OS - Ubuntu
XP Pro, SP3 (32bit), Admin; Comodo Firewall 3.14.130099.587; Proactive with Defense+; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 x64, Admin (UAC off); Win7 advanced FW +TinyWall; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 Ultimate 32bit (UAC off); Emsisoft Internet Security v9 beta

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek