Author Topic: Please feel free to ask any questions to learn all about Computer Security.  (Read 33091 times)

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
Here you will have access to the world's best security experts to help you learn all about Computer security!

feel free to ask!

Melih

Offline Seeker1

I have a Secure Email Certificate for Outlook Express from Comodo, which will expire in a short while, and I was wondering what would be the correct method to delete the expired certificate and install a new one. Where is the folder that the certificate is installed in, so that I can delete it sucessfully, please.
I assume that following the very same procedure of the original install  will ensure successful installation of the NEW certificate?

Assigning your Certificate to your email account:

Open Outlook Express
Select Tools from menu
Select Accounts from drop down menu
In dialog box that appears select Mail then select your relevant email account
Click Properties
Click the Security tab
Click Select Signing Cert. From the popup Certificate store box locate and select your Secure Email Certificate.
Click Select Encryption Cert. From the popup Certificate store box locate and select your Secure Email Certificate.
Click OK to return to Outlook Express

Thank you for your assistance!

Sincerely,
Seeker1
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 07:31:56 PM by Seeker1 »

Offline Mr Tea

Is it real?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 06:13:10 PM »
How can I tell if the Comodo Secure SSL logo on a site is genuine? More specifically, I'm trying to find out if the Comodo logo displayed on the site <www.readingfestivaltickets.co.uk> is the real deal, and if it is - what security does that actually offer me as a customer on the site.

Thanks,

Mr Tea

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
Re: Is it real?
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 12:33:50 PM »
How can I tell if the Comodo Secure SSL logo on a site is genuine? More specifically, I'm trying to find out if the Comodo logo displayed on the site <www.readingfestivaltickets.co.uk> is the real deal, and if it is - what security does that actually offer me as a customer on the site.

Thanks,

Mr Tea

Hi Mr Tea

you can use www.vengine.com to validate content such as our logos.

thanks
Melih

Offline grayhair

• Comodo's Hero
   Mr. Tea,

I use V Engine.  I clicked the link you provided.  I saw no Comodo logo anywhere.  At checkout the security padlock comes up red, not secure green.

Offline Xthink

• Comodo Family Member
Can I configure vengine for portable firefox/opera?

Offline Xthink

• Comodo Family Member
This should not be one security provider against the other, whatever kind of service or software they provide (firewall, antiv, DV/OV/EV certificates, etc.). It should be those who wants to be secured and those in one way or another helps them be secured (security provider) against those who wants to take advantage of unsecure environment.

Why can both side start a topic discussing how to make DV certificates more secure and make suggestion there that can be adapted on the standard Melih is proposing. Like a constructive debate. For DV first, other subjects will follow.

Just a suggestion.

Regards

https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/ssp-t43119.105.html

[at]Melih
Could you please start that topic by posting your proposed standard for DV on the CABForum. Thanks

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/ssp-t43119.105.html

[at]Melih
Could you please start that topic by posting your proposed standard for DV on the CABForum. Thanks

I am not sure if we can make the proposed standard public or not. i will check though

Melih

Offline dh

Hello,
I have comodo secure e-mail and it says I have +100 e-mails in my inbox!  I am using outlook connector and an live.com e-mail address.  I have sent numerous e-mails; however I have not recieved anywhere near 100 e-mails!  What could have happened?

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek