Comodo Internet Security V8.2.0.4703 (Chrome Hotfix) is released!

It is because updates like this that comodo needs auto self program update functionality!

Do you mean updating without any user interaction ?

Is it safe to update to windows 10 November update with CIS installed or better to remove it and istall it again after the update?

I cannot guarantee it will work but I have good expectations it will work for most users. Sorry I cannot be more definitive.

I have never uninstalled CIS whenever I upgraded Win10 (I’m in the fast ring). Never experienced any issues to date

I’ve noticed one thing after updates (from W8.1 to W10 b10240 and from W10 b10240 to W10 b10586.3): firewall goes a bit haywire after the update. The first time it wasn’t working at all after update, so I had to reinstall CIS. On second update firewall allowed everything through, despite having custom ruleset and everything set on-demand. But it’s to be expected (it’s literally an upgrade of Windows, like in the old days), so I’m not complaining :slight_smile:

On W10 TH2 latest CIS works well. Only one thing happened: during EXE file listing in latest Total Commander all GUI processes of CIS suddenly shut down (don’t know about cmdagent.exe, since it restarts automatically). The EXE files are on exFAT formatted pendrive, so refreshing was quite slow.

well…
in my case, after windows 10 TH2 update, when I click alt+tab it shows classic type GUI.
so, uninstall it, It’s function returned to normal…
I don’t know wheather it’s a bug or not.

Dear Comodo developer,

thx for this great software. But on Windows 10 Threshold 2 together with Symantec Endpoint 12.6.1 (all versions) it crashes the complete system. When you install Symantec first, you are not able to install Comodo after that. When you install Comodo first and the Symantec, it crashes the whole system and you are forced to install Windows 10 again.

Tested on three different computers and notebooks with Windows 10 Pro. Always the same behaviour.

Where to look for the source of this issue?

Thank you.

It looks like you found a bug. If you have the time and energy please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in Required Format For Reporting Bugs.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will certainly be seen by Comodo staff.

Yes indeed. All other solutions that i’ve worked with have self program updates.
Specially this one, that breaks user side.

This kind of program hotfixed don’t install without somekind of interaction.

Do you want totally automated? Then you would need to make a wish for that.

Comodo Internet Security 8.2.0.4792 (Windows 10 Version1511 Hotfix) is released!