Author Topic: Encrypted Password Manager  (Read 1049 times)

Offline LordRayden

• Comodo Loves me
  • mess with the best, die like the rest
Encrypted Password Manager
« on: July 30, 2015, 10:49:56 AM »
Hi,

can anyone remember "Norton Password Manager 2004", unfortunately it was the only version (I know they now have one again but it's garbage). That was the best Password Manager I ever saw. It worked just flawlessly. Automatic Username and Password entering everywhere. Besides not being encrypted it had two major problems, you were not able to edit the entries (meaning, if you changed the password on a WebSite you couldn't just edit the entry in the manger, he made a new entry) and you could not export your Password list, not even print it. I know there is KeePass (currently using it) but thats not it... One important thing, NO CLOUD INTEGRATION!!! I want my passwords on my PC in one or more files(you could combine it with my other suggestion, the Truecrypt fork). I don't want them on the Internet...

Thanks

LordRayden

Offline ag346

• Comodo Member
Re: Encrypted Password Manager
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 10:32:14 PM »
I think a great idea would be to create a well-developed keepass plugin for one of the comodo web browsers.

Offline JakeGreen

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 10:27:08 AM »
I would want cloud integration, for sync between browsers and mobile devices. With an option for local and export to file.
Something like LastPass alternative.
Could also integrate into CIS....

Offline Wozzeck-Live

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 06:53:30 AM »
KeePass 2 is the best password manager

It accepts plugins, supports STRONG and different encryption protocols / key derivation algorithms.
The default encryption protocol is AES 256 (for example Kaspersky and Norton Password managers are only AES 128)

It is cross platform, so it works under Windows, Linux, BSD...
One can find under Android and iOS some Interfaces to drive Keepass databases

For Windows 10, PassKeep, a UWP Frontend to Keepass is available in store.

So from my point of view it is useless to ask Comodo for a new development of such a product as this would add nothing.

For cloud.... simply put the KeePass database in a free OneDrive or Google Drive account and launch the OneDrive, Google Drive desktop background utility. So I personally have NO UTILITY of a specific web based solution.

There are also some plugins able to deal directly with OneDrive and google cloud...

KeePass is open source, have been approved by many certification agencies for example in Germany and France

This is the reference used by many IT administrators, government administrations accross the world.... since more than 20 years.

I just don't understand what is your problem with KeePass

Trying to reinvent the wheel would be a loss of time.... just take a little time to understand better this program
Keepass is able to autotype in Firefox, Chrome, Opera using the browser Extension Kee (Firefox), ChromeIPass (Chrome), Keepass Helper (Opera)

You can setup Keepass entries to autotype in dual channel mode.
This is another layer of security that doesn't exist in any other product

www.keepass.info

Other good alternatives :

https://keepassxc.org/
https://www.keepassx.org/
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 07:11:46 AM by Wozzeck-Live »

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek