Zapass - process injection...

This is curious. I’ve been playing around with zapass http://www.whirlywiryweb.com/article.asp?id=/trojanimplant

Basically it’s a trojan test vehicle. The curious thing is, when I test this using one of the apps listed in the options field of the program, CFP prompts me to allow or not. But if I select CFP as the vehicle, it just works, no prompts, nothing in the logs… weird!

Comments…

Toggie

How did you made it to act on CPF?
CPF does not appear in my zapass process list…

I cannot test this…
Does this work also if you switch component monitor to on instead of learn mode?

I didn’t have to do anything to the program. CFP appears in the list automatically.

I’ve had CM set to ON for a long time.

I’m not sure how the program determines its process list…

hmm…
I know it may sound stupid, but the process it is listed as CPF?

COMODO Firewall Pro is the entry I have.

No way…I’m not sure If I should be happy or not…
cpf.exe is listed in task manager but zapass cannot catch comodo firewall windows title

It’s curious why it shows in mine and not yours…

I wonder how it detects running processes.

I have some clues…

Something is interfering with the API that should get CPF window title. It could be CPF protecting itself or some other unknown process harming my system…

We need some other forum members to test this…

CFP doesn’t appear in the ZAPASS process list on either of two systems I tested it on.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Comodo isn’t in the list for me… but it asks for permission for every other process as you would expect! Comodo passes :slight_smile: