YOUTUBE ISSUES

Hello,

When trying to access YouTube using Comodo Dragon, it shuts the browser completly down for some reason. I don’t understand what is causing it but it has been happening several times this morning. Please look into this and advise. Thank you.

I’m having the same issue. You can fix it temporarily by clearing your browser cache, and then logging into youtube via google.com. Just don’t close the browser after this, because the moment you reopen it and load youtube, the whole browser crashes again, and then you have to repeat the process. Please guys, we could use a fix. Thank you :slight_smile:

Yeah, what’s interesting is that this just happened over the past 24 hours or so. I don’t know why. I’m glad I’m not the only one that’s having this problem.

Yup, it started last night for me.

Also, so much for the fix. The longer you keep Youtube open, the higher chance the browser has of just randomly crashing, so Youtube is pretty much unusable on this browser right now, even after reinstalling, system restoring, etc. I wish I had seen this post before spending my morning trying to fix it but I didn’t think to look here. Though it was just me!

Hello,

same issue here. So far I’ve experienced three or four crashes. Two of them when trying to search in youtube search bar (writing down the channel name and pressing enter) and another two when clicking with middle mouse button (scroll wheel) to open a video in a new tab from a preview on a sidebar.
//Ok, sometimes also crashes when opening a link to youtube from google search.
//and opening a youtube link from a bookmark… so I guess that is random (well I guess when certain conditions are met) crashes any time one tries to open a youtube link from anywhere. :smiley: A lovely bug.

Currently on a version 92.0.4515.159 (64-bit). I guess I might give beta version a try. :slight_smile:

Comodo Dragon up to date is crashing when I try to go to you tube…
Never seen this before…
any sugestion?! please…
thx

No change as of 11/13/21 [at] 11:15AM PST.

:frowning:

Hi sp0873 & GusVJr,

Thank you for reporting.
May i know your:

1. CIS version ?
  2. Win version & System type(32bit\64bit)?
  3. COMODO dragon version along with the bit(32bit\64bit)?
Hello,

same issue here. So far I’ve experienced three or four crashes. Two of them when trying to search in youtube search bar (writing down the channel name and pressing enter) and another two when clicking with middle mouse button (scroll wheel) to open a video in a new tab from a preview on a sidebar.
//Ok, sometimes also crashes when opening a link to youtube from google search.
//and opening a youtube link from a bookmark… so I guess that is random (well I guess when certain conditions are met) crashes any time one tries to open a youtube link from anywhere. :smiley: A lovely bug.

Currently on a version 92.0.4515.159 (64-bit). I guess I might give beta version a try. :slight_smile:

Hi color44fun,

Let me check and get back to you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi DAB1301,

Thank you for reporting.
May i know your:

1. CIS version ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

I don’t use CIS, but here’s the info that I can provide.

1. Comodo Firewall 12.2.2.8012
  2. Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 64-bit
  3. Comodo Dragon Version 92.0.4515.159 (64-bit)

I was using the latest 32-bit version, but I changed to 64-bit thinking that would solve the problem, but the same issue persists.

Comodo Dragon is up to date
Version 92.0.4515.159 (32-bit)
I hope you can find this problem…
Windows 10 /64 home…up to date.
Thank you.

Note: Comodo Dragon is my favorite Browser…

Merged topics of same issue, use search next time.

Ok…I did search but not very well I see…thx

Problem:

-Anytime that I try to get access to youtube by any means, except incognito mode, the browser crashes instantly. It makes it impossible to get into the Youtube platform with the account logged in.

Try and error from my side:

-The adblock is on, but without it the crash still happening.

-I tried to reinstall the browser. No changes.

-I used a different account. The same happends.

Hi all,

We have reported to the team and we will update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi BedMan333,

Thank you for reporting, We have reported to the team.
Also May i know your:

1. CIS version ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Same problem here…

1. Kaspersky Security Cloud 21.3.10.391
  2. Windows 7 Ultimate x64
  3. CD 92.0.4515.159 x86

EDIT: Not sure but, something curious happened. Recently I tried to type “Yandex” into the address bar and immediately crashed. Then, I tried typing “Yahoo” and got the same result. I began to suspect it could be something to do with the letter “Y”. So, I start typing websites that starts with another letters except for those that starts with the letter “Y” and all of them they open without crashing. Then, I start typing websites that starts with the letter “Y” and guess what… All of them crashed. Curious, hu ?

Same problem on my side as well…

1.) Kaspersky Security Cloud 21.3.10.391(g) (hmmmm…)
2.) Windows 8.1 Pro x64
3.) Version 92.0.4515.159 (32-bit)

One additional note - if I clear all cookies / other cached data associated with *.youtube.com, then close Comodo Dragon, then open a YouTube shortcut, it usually works, and I can watch it. If I try to open a second link, then it crashes. If I re-open Comodo Dragon and repeat the process of removing all cookies / temporary files associated with YouTube, again, I get the same result - it usually works “once” this way. I tried to find an extension that I could set up to do this automatically - that is, to clear any cookies / cached files created by browsing to YouTube the moment I close my YouTube tab - but so far, no luck, I can’t find anything that works consistently.

I’ve tried this in incognito mode as well to confirm whether this is related to any of the various ad-blocking / privacy-related extensions I run, but it doesn’t resolve the issue.

I may try disabling Kaspersky to see if that helps, given that I see that this is a common feature vs. the last poster.

As a final note, I ran Process Monitor and captured Comodo Dragon’s behavior with it, both on successfully opening a link to a YouTube video (i.e. after clearing all cookies / cached files and closing the browser) and on unsuccessfully opening the same link (i.e. by closing Comodo Dragon and then re-opening the same link without clearing my YouTube cookies / cached files, which generates an immediate crash). Even when filtering out all successful operations, however, the resultant XML files are quite large (200 MB and 100 MB, respectively), so I’ve not managed to get my usual file compare tools (WinMerge, ExamDiff) to open them and show me graphically what’s different… Was thinking something like this could help to better understand the issue, though, so maybe this gives the developers so ideas. I can send the files if it’s useful, I suspect they will compress very well…

Hope this helps!

As a follow-up, we can rule out Kaspersky, I think. I exited the software entirely (didn’t just “pause protection”), ran CD, cleared all cookies / cached files associated with YouTube, opened an incognito window to eliminate the effects of extensions, then drag-and-dropped a YouTube link (opened fine, played), then closed the tab and repeated the process, again in a new incognito tab. Result = immediate crash. I may fool around a bit more with the temporary files YouTube creates, if I can find them, to see which one in particular is the issue - I suspect that may help to know as well. More to come.

Got it. So, when I open a YouTube video in CD, I have the option to then clear the following:

• Cache storage
  • Database storage
  • Local storage
  • Service workers
  • Cookies

Of all of these, the only one that has an impact on the crashing problem is Service workers. If I clear the others, the problem remains. If I clear Service workers, I am able to once more open a YouTube link (once). So, whatever the problem is, it appears to be linked to the Service workers file associated with *.youtube.com - hope this helps.

PS - Handy link for those who want to do this themselves - paste this into the address bar:

chrome://settings/siteData?searchSubpage=youtube

Hopefully we’ll see a fix soon. If I can find this stupid Service workers file in the meantime and see what’s in it / how CD is using it, maybe I can work out more…