You're favorite Martial Artist/Fighter/Boxer?

:-TU “Armed society is a stabilizing factor always… even during civil war” (c)

I’d say the opposite: not duelistic but more honest and healthy than not armed… supposing legislation is sane AND working, of course (i have a real world example of schizophrenic legislation in that specific area).

“If every hooligan would know every person has a knife and that knife would cut abdomen of that hooligan then hooliganism would dissapear”. (c) Shukshin

Little nuance: that is true IF legislation is sane AND working.

They never tell you this, but in every instance where guns have been taken away from honest citizens, crime has skyrocketed by about 40%. Especially things like home invasions (England for example) and robberies. ■■■■■■ rates have not decreased, if somebody really wants to kill, they can use knives, poisons, baseball bats, etc., etc., etc. The only statistic that has decreased is the number of criminals shot while performing their crimes.

In the US I heard that you can only shoot a robber if he was in the act of breaking into your house. If he was already in…you have to find something else to do to him. 88)

Not sure if it is true or not (or to what extent it is true).

I’m sure you could beat him senseless with your GF diamond ear rings
:smiley:
Sorcerer

Why would I be keeping those? 88)

I Alabama the law is now “■■■■ his F’ing brains out”. It doesn’t matter if he is inside, outside, coming or going. I love the South. ;D

That’s not true in Florida, you are allowed to defend yourself and your property there.

Good places

Compare with status quo in one place (that’s what i found so far, maybe mistaken somewhere but i doubt this is so):

• there are NO (absolutely) licencing for battle pistol (which fires real bullets, not “rubber” ones) that would allow comonner to buy, keep etc. that battle pistol; hence all battle pistols (except pistols of police, special groups etc.) are considered to be originated from black market;

• (attention!) criminal responsibility applies to person who “illegaly (what a cynicism taking into account “licencing” mentioned before – ss26) carries, keeps, buys firearm except hunting smooth-bore shotgun”. And punishment is 2-5 years of prison.

I became sad and started to dream about your lands

That’s pathetic. :o Where is that?

Antarctica.

IDK about Florida, but in NC someone I knew went through some gun training course (to be allowed to carry a handgun around, maybe. I can’t remember). One of the instructors or something told him that.

He should be allowed to carry a handgun (unconcealed) either way.

Ukraine, and also Russia (with trivial differences, i suppose).

Ugh. That makes sense now. 88)

Er maybe it was hidden. I don’t know, as I said. :slight_smile: I just had something to do with guns.

Besides airsoft guns :a0.

In Florida, no guns are required to be registered, not even handguns. They consider even registering firearms to be in violation of the Constitution. The only thing required is a 3 day waiting period on a handgun purchase. Unless you have a concealed weapons permit, then there is no wait. All you do to buy any gun is fill out a form, have a background check performed over the phone, and if you are not a convicted felon or mentally incompetent, the gun is yours. The forms are kept by the firearms dealer and not turned over to the state unless a crime is committed with the gun. The Government only has a record of which dealers received the weapons from the manufacturers. You can own handguns but you can’t carry them outside the home without a concealed weapons permit which they are required to give you if you apply and meet the requirements to own a gun. That’s in most of Florida anyway. In the Liberal controlled areas like Dade County, it’s more strict.

They passed a law a few years ago saying that you can use a gun in defense of your life, your family, or your property without facing charges.

I sold fireams for 5 years in Florida, so I know the laws well.

Dch48…that’s basically like Alabama’s law. I’ve often wondered, do you Floridians consider your state as a part of the Southeast? If so then please keep the SPORTS thread alive. :wink:

https://forums.comodo.com/general-discussion-off-topic-anything-and-everything/favorite-sports-team-t55395.75.html

Wikipedia has thoughts on this topic. :slight_smile:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2822mvm.jpg

How is that :o ? Why does it make sense?

Dch48, thanks. Nice to hear from competent man. Now i must say i may be supporter of Florida’s laws about guns. I wish they rewrite Florida’s laws about guns word-by-word in this place

Don’t get it. I know two kinds of statistics here:

• normal people killed or mutilated by criminals because of lack of self-defense by the means of smth serious like handgun (not mentioning “toys” like rubber bullets etc)
  • number of crimes ^.

When somewhere handguns are disallowed, but then allowed then mentioned things (*) decrease severely (there are real examples, not theory).
Dch48 is right (said about same thing previously).

Then… what is “gun violence” ?! :o Seems like some kind of entertainment of liberals