xp3 cmdagent cpu problem

Hi, Every time I boot, load opera or open programs cmdagent (cis full) hogs cpu. I am thinking it could be the AV so would it be advisable to install a different AV or not have one? My settings are AV stateful, FW D+ safemode, sandbox untrusted and proactive config. Ps Win7 no problems.

May be left overs of previously installed security programs are in the way. Please make sure no left over of them are in the way.

Try using removal tools for those programs. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

Does that make a difference?

Are there other security programs running in the background with a residential shield? We don’t recommend to use two residential shields as they can be detrimental.

No cis is the only residential shield I use. I have run several uninstallers before but that list is comprehensive I think I did use counterspy last year so I’ll report back. Thanks

Hi Lyn,
I would try temporary disabling CIS modules one at a time and try it.
This could at least narrow it down to which module is the cause for sure.
Caution,
Don’t forget to re-enable after and avoid the internet if possible while testing.

Just installed 5.8 beta problem solved.

That is an easier way to solve it I suppose LOL.

How are you finding 5.8?

Well cmdagent doesn’t go nuts anymore opening programs. Booting is a little slower but I’ll take that. Less pop ups on install. Programs blocked by previous version don’t know why they were no logs now work. More secure I don’t know. Do I get infected? Yes but not many and only when I’m on a download ignore the digital certificate warnings frenzy.