Xbox 360 Live tutorial

I am using CPF and direct connecting through my modem to Xbox live it is working fine.

Could I create a network to forward the ports even though I do not use Internet Conection Sharing or use a router.

I plan on reformatting my PC and installing a router in several weeks will create network then.

:BNC   thanx stillen

Hi… im having problems as well with my 360 and media centre XP :0(
I just installed XP media centre today with a view to streaming video and music to my xbox 360… and was reccomended comodo as a good firewall… but i cant work out what to do to get the 360 to connect to my PC .

At the moment ,y router is downstairs plugged into my BT main socket… and the 360 is plugged directly into the router… while my PC is upstairs and connected to the router via a USB wireless dongle :slight_smile:

i tried to follow the steps at the start of this thread but got some things come up that wernt mentioned in the thread so didnt know what to do… it found 3 zones and asks me which to trust… im not sure which to pick ;0( they are LAN , Microsoft TV/Video connection , and Netgear WG111 wirelss… which should i pick? and what should i do after… sorry if its all been asked b4 but im very new to firewalls and have no clue what any of this means :0(

thanks for any help, :slight_smile:

Can anyone describe how to do this for v3 please, im new to Comodo and cant see any option named “Network Monitor”

No problem, Pavle ~

In v3, go to Firewall/Advanced/Network Security Policy/Global Rules. This is the same thing as the “Network Monitor” for 2.4.

v3 has an extra line in the rules creation box, where you can name the rule to reflect that it is for XBox 360.

Hope that helps,

LM

:-\

Hello All,

This is my first post here and I really am new to the Comodo firewill I have installed. I am glad I found this forum as I know I’ll have lots of questions. I have a wireless router connected to my PC and my xbox 360 has a wireless connection. Today I wanted to listen to some music thru my 360 and it would not connect to my PC (in the past this process worked fine with Norton). I got an error message from the 360 saying that my firewall may be blocking it. So, I clicked the DEFENSE tab, DEFENSE+SETTINGS, and DISABLED the SECURITY LEVEL to see if things would work, which they did.

This thread looked like it would remedy my problem. However, I can’t even get started because I can’t figure out how to define a trusted zone. I tried to find another thread that would help me with this but I can’t Some help getting started would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jon

BTW, my version is 3.0.18.309

Hi Tiger,

Please start a new thread in “Help for v3” in the CFP 3 board, To help us reply quicker.

Thanks

Josh

I am pretty confused, i have tried many things, i even closed the comodo firewall and still cant get connected.

My xbox is connected to the back of the wireless router, all connection tests run fin on xbox, but i always get error when the windows media center is trying to configure the extender.

can someone help me please.

Using the newer version: 3.5

Is there any way I can just tell Comodo to allow anything and everything through one of my ethernet ports? To get my Xbox to connect to the internet it needs to be assigned an IP address by the University system, and running it with a static one does not work. Therefore every time I set up Comodo to allow it, it only works until the next time I power cycle the Xbox.

Being able to simply tell it to allow anything and everything from and to my ethernet port would just be much easier. Is this possible?

No answer from anyone? Come on!

I have also now tried allowing “TCP or UDP” “In/Out” from and to my Xbox 360’s MAC address, as well as allowing IP any direction, and still nothing.

What the heck?! It works perfectly with Comodo disabled, but I would rather not have to do that!

Skiddywinks,

Sorry no one’s responded to your question; it appears to have slipped past review.

What version of Comodo firewall are you using? This will help us to help you set up your rules.

LM