X64 3.0.25.378 CRASHES when clicking on application name in bubble

Intel Core Duo E6850 - 3000mhz
Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP1
Error occurs when no additional apps running

Bug occurs when CFW pops up a bubble asking to allow or deny an outgoing internet connection and you click on the application name (see attached screenshot). When clicking on the application name, CFW crashes.

Easily replicated. Remove IE from rules, open IE and when CFW asks whether to allow or deny, click on the IE application name. Crashes with most applications, not just IE.

Unable to prevent its occurence. It happens 4 times out of 5.

Defence+ is disabled.
Firewall is in CUSTOM mode.

No BSODs, just CFW crashes.

Using Admin account, UAC enabled.

Though this bug is being reported with 3.0.25.378, this has been happening since the early versions of CFW 3.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          16/06/2008 12:45:54
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      vistahome
Description:
Faulting application cfp.exe, version 3.0.25.376, time stamp 0x483ec810, faulting module cfp.exe, version 3.0.25.376, time stamp 0x483ec810, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000000000034efc0, process id 0x420, application start time 0x01c8ce59682e800d.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-06-16T11:45:54.000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>24445</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>vistahome</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>cfp.exe</Data>
    <Data>3.0.25.376</Data>
    <Data>483ec810</Data>
    <Data>cfp.exe</Data>
    <Data>3.0.25.376</Data>
    <Data>483ec810</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>000000000034efc0</Data>
    <Data>420</Data>
    <Data>01c8ce59682e800d</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

[attachment deleted by admin]

bump…

Just curious, whys this bug report being ignored? Have I ■■■■■■■ up the report, or is it known already?

Is there anybody out there? out there? out there there there ere ere echo echo…

Hi,
Thanks for your report. Even if nobody from devs reply here it doesn’t mean your report is ignored…And please do not post nonsense (your last message here ^).

Well it got an acknowledgement of the bug report and wasnt in the least bit offensive.

Besides, you cant tell me that nonsense is out of order here brother, look at the crazy smileys:
O0 (B) (J) (L) (M) (R) (S) (V) (CLY) (CNY) (:AGL) (:AGY) (:CLP) (:HUG) (:KWL) (:LGH) (:LOV) (:NRD) (:SAD) (:SHY) (:TNG) (:WAV) (:WIN) :SMLR :BNC :■■■■ :THNK O0

(:TNG)

-tyl

Besides, you cant tell me that nonsense is out of order here brother, look at the crazy smileys:

Hey…That one in the Top Left looks EXACTLY like my son’s Gr 12 Grad photo…!!!
How the Heck did you get that picture? You know my kid or sumthin??
(LOL)

Hi tyl

I have this exact same issue, also using Vista 64bit, and I posted about it earlier.
CFP Crash Report

So, it looks like we’ve gotten the attention to this issue that’s needed for it to get fixed…Good Job Bro!
Mine only started happening after the last program update but before that update was applied I had a weird GUI issue where the 3 top right buttons, minimize, maximize, close, were not there until I tried to resize the app by dragging the borders, and then they would magically appear. That issue got fixed with that update but then this one started immediately after.
Let’s see how long it takes to get this fixed now that it’s known.

Chappy, I had the same problem with the GUI and the buttons like you until recent update too.

But I’ve had this particular crashing bug longer. Are u sure you couldnt have had it in previous versions? Perhaps u didnt use the application properties link beforer now?

-tyl

Hi tyl,
We are looking into it and hopefully will have a fix in next update.

Thanks
-umesh

Ok, thanks Umesh :slight_smile:

-tyl

Hi tyl

Sorry I didn’t reply to this sooner but I’ve been busy.
It may have been earlier but I’m pretty sure that it’s only begun recently. I’ve used this feature since the Beta testing days when it was first introduced, so I’ve used it often.

Since my system is fairly mature now, I don’t see those request popups very often anymore, so I can’t say exactly when it started for me, but like I said I know it’s only been recently. I guessed as of the last update but it may have even been at the one before that…I just can’t be certain.

I keep checking the CFP Update option daily in the hopes that this will soon be fixed, but so far nada… (:AGY)

C’mon guys!!!
Let’s get this fixed so us poor 64bit users can once again check the process properties when we get those Security popups!!!
It’s vitally important to know what & who the process belongs too so we can make good decisions, this is a security risk and I’d like to get it working again.

Hi umesh

Any word on when this next update will be coming?

This little bug should be easily fixed since it’s a simple “call” function for the properties page of the process, but it’s been well over 2 months now since this bug appeared and nothing yet.

I know there’s allot of bugs to fix but can’t we get a quick fix release for a few of the smaller bugs like this one in the meantime? This is a feature I depend on allot to know whether I should allow a process to call out or not, and have not been able to use now for well over 2 months. It’s difficult to track every process/exe that wants access manually before the call times out, so this one is important for those of us with 64bit systems and we sure would like it back…Pretty-please!! (:SAD)

Dave