WSUSSCAN.cab

Found this when returned to my computer, should I be worried?

Couldn’t find much useful info about it except this Multiple symptoms occur if an antivirus scan occurs while the Wsusscan.cab file or the Wsusscn2.cab file is copied - Microsoft Support

What do you think? I think it’s suspect that the file is in all caps and from what I quickly gathered, maybe it should be named Wsusscn2.cab since my Windows is relatively new (8.1), but then again I don’t know much about computers

Can you upload the QuickAccess_x86.msi to Virus Total and post a url to the report here? I want to see what other scanners think. I think this may be a false positive detection.

The folder with name OEM may indicate it is used by the vendor that build your machine (Acer, Dell, Lenovo, etc) to store installers of program that come with your computer. The file is just sitting on your hard drive and has no trace of running in memory or having a start up key. Even if the file would be malicious you are not infected.

I am interested to see the Virus Total reports of the other scanners.

Ok, this will probably take a few minutes since I can’t seem to navigate there through virustotal file upload even though I can hop to the folder from the results

Turns out OEM folder was hidden. Here you go:

Everything seems fine. Thanks a bunch!