Won't remember rules

Comodo v3 doesn’t remember the rules. I have set the security level to custom. Applications which I have already specified as OK are still flagged and require my OK to allow. This happens repeatedly and quite randomly. One time the app will execute with no problem, the next time I am asked to OK. Most annoying.

You right, I have the same problem too. so I uninstalled CFP 3 and came back to 2.4, but unfortunately it doesn’t remembers rules too!!!
someone pleas answer…

Hello lironjan and reubenb

Most often this will happen when there is a conflicting problem with other applications that you have running. Give us some more information and we will be glad to help. See.here for what to include.

John

I have installed and uninstalled CFP3 twice. It will pick a program that it won’t stop asking for permission to let it start and just keep it up till I am ready to pull my hair out. I like Comodo programs. I use several of them, but CFP3 is just not ready. I go back to CFP2.4 and have no problems.

I have had some problems with this and discovered that “COMODO Firewall Pro Helper Service” had stopped (cmdagent.exe). Restaring the service seems to fix the problem for me. Not sure what is killing the service yet. Anyone else have any ideas as to what is killing the service.

Hello John.
This problem began when the CFP 3 didn’t remembered that BOClean is trusted application in the Defense + rule and started to ask questions about BOClean and his memory access to other applications. But the most strange was that in the log of Defense + it didn’t mention cmdagent.exe protection against BOClean memory access. So I ran diagnostics utility and it found problems and he fixed CFP 3 and reboot the computer, however, it didn’t fixed the problem, and Defense + started to ask questions about system applications (Safe applications that should be in the safelist. It seam like he doesn’t have savelist anymore). So, I uninstalled CFP 3 and Install it again, and It didn’t helped. So, I Installed CFP 2.4 and guess what… it didn’t remembered ANY rule that I add for him…
BTW: before this problem, trojan attacked my computer. This is BOClean report:
11/30/2007 15:51:30: SUCHSPUR MALWARE STOPPED by BOCLEAN!
Trojan horse was found in memory.
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LIRON\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMP\WZB13E\BATTLEFIELD2142_CRACK.EXE contained the trojan.
Active trojan horse WAS shut down. System now safe.
Logged in user: LIRON
and CFP 3 stopped Internet Explorer inbound attacks…

Look… I think maybe to do system restore, what do you think?

system info:
windows XP pro 32 bit SP2
BOClean 4.25
spybot 1.5
Comodo anti-virus 2.0.17.58
CFP 3

After spending the last hour allowing ycommon.exe to run every 2-10 seconds, I have just given up and uninstalled CFP3. If someone can post an easy fix for this, I’d be willing to go back to it, but I have better things to do than have my work blocked over 400 times in an hour.

I have this problem with DropMyRights and Firefox. DropMyRights is supposed to drop the rights of the application running so that nasties can’t install themselves through that app. The Defense doesn’t seem to “get” what is going on and keeps asking about Firefox.

John W. Colby

As of today, totally out of the blue, my installation of version 3 build 266 (and also the updated build 268) has gone totally mad.
It is not remembering any decision; it has stopped treating other Comodo apps (BOClean and verification engine) as trusted apps; it doesn’t accept any applications I mark as trusted as such.

I’m on WinXP Home SP2

I have had to shut down Comodo Firewall, and I am relying on my working and stable installation of Prevx2.

Any ideas?

This is NOT, I repeat NOT a ‘conflict’ problem. It had already worked perfectly for several days with all the programs listed (none of which have changed in that time) before it miraculously stopped remembering everything it remembered before.

My security set up is: SpywareBlaster, Verification Engine, BOClean, WinPatrol, AVG 7.5 free, Prevx2, Comodo Pro Firewall 3(currently turned off)

As of today, totally out of the blue, my installation of version 3 build 266 (and also the updated build 268) has gone totally mad. It is *not* remembering *any* decision; it has stopped treating other Comodo apps (BOClean and verification engine) as trusted apps; it doesn't accept any applications I mark as trusted as such.

I’m on WinXP Home SP2

I have had to shut down Comodo Firewall, and I am relying on my working and stable installation of Prevx2.

Any ideas?

This is NOT, I repeat NOT a ‘conflict’ problem. It had already worked perfectly for several days with all the programs listed (none of which have changed in that time) before it miraculously stopped remembering everything it remembered before.

My security set up is: SpywareBlaster, Verification Engine, BOClean, WinPatrol, AVG 7.5 free, Prevx2, Comodo Pro Firewall 3(currently turned off)

Is your “COMODO Firewall Pro Helper Service” running?

I’m having this problem, sporadically with BOClean, and continuously with AVG AV updater. My Comodo Pro Firewall Helper Service is indeed running.

I too am having this problem with 3.0.13 except that all the apps that were on the machine when I upgraded from the earlier version still work perfectly. My problem is with an app (Moca5 for virtual PCs) that I loaded on Saturday. It has several elements that need to access the web and I get asked about every one of them each time I run the app even though I tell it to remember my answer every time.

The Comodo Pro Firewall Helper Service is running OK on my PC.

Should I go back to the previous version? Should I go back to Zonealarm?

I think that I will back to ZoneAlarm if there is no solution for this bug…It’s very sad because I like comodo Firewall
and no moderator answers what the problem is and what can we do to fix it.
BTW:
I did system restore in hope that it will help me to fix this problem, and it helped, It doesn’t ask questions anymore… but… CFP 3 doesn’t remember ANY NEW rule (Not for Defense + and not for firewall) that I add for him… VERY annoying… (:AGY) (:AGY) (:AGY)

Have you tried choosing ‘Trusted Application’ as a setting for the ‘rogue’ applications.

BOClean + CFP3 has some known problems. You might find disabling 8.3 file naming helps to eliminate these.

Hello,
first of all what is that 8.3 file?
And yes, I tried to choose ‘Trusted Application’, but CFP 3 is still asking for all the applications including BOClean 4.25.
I don’t want to uninstall BOClean because he saved my system once before.
I hope this bug will be fixed in the next version of Comodo Firewall and it will be compatible with BOClean 4.25.
thanks, Liron Jan.

And yes, I tried to choose 'Trusted Application', but CFP 3 is still asking for all the applications including BOClean 4.25.

When you say “Tried” what exactly do you mean"

To disable short file names (which appears to be a problem between V3 and BOC) see this:

How to Disable the 8.3 Name Creation on NTFS Partitions

When I mean “tried”, I mean that I said to the CFP 3 that some applications are ‘Trusted Application’, and he saved it in the Defense + and his firewall rules but he continuous to ask questions about the same applications… it’s seems like he doesn’t pay attention to his rules… very strange.

I have the same problem.

For instance, just now I crazily choose trusted application as answer when one of avg application avginet.exe try to update. It continue to ask me whether to allow or not in advance mode.

So I just minimize the advance mode to the interface where it ask me only allow or disallow (without the extra classification). I still click allow like crazy after that. At least it goes away after some point.

After that I open up Comodo and look in Network Security Policy and Computer Security Policy. Lo and behold there is lots of rules duplicates defined there like c:\Progra~1\etc\etc. Not just for avginet.exe but for other program that I have rules not being remembered problem.

Is this a bug? I think so. Because I can find the original rules being defined correctly without using the old DOS 8.3 file syntax. As indicated by the tilda in Progra~1. So what I did is just delete those duplicates and let the original remains. I don’t know whether this work or not … yet.

This looks like a known bug since you suggest that we disable windows 8.3 file support. I won’t disable fearing that it will break other application. Who knows?

Anyway I hope this duplicates rules and rules not being remembered will be fix soon. Because (L)

Please tell me if im wrong but are the firewall settings for internet connections only whereas defence+ is for firewall and system defence.Just i have made Boclean a trusted application in defence+ but on every bootup i get boclean being blocked several times but no target comes up.Boclean looks like it is running ok but what are these block logs and can i stop them.

Kind regards Matty. :■■■■

Wowwwwww… so relieved that I found this forum and this thread. I thought it was just me & my installation - that maybe somehow the “learned” rules were being deleted every time I closed Windows (XP Pro SP2). The only way I can get an uninterrupted (or even workable) session after boot-up is by setting both the Firewall and Defence to full “training” mode - which leaves my system open to “learning” (and accepting) and bit of cr*p that comes down the wire…

I’ve also been thinking about winding back to V2 - and all this after I finally gave up on Zone Alarm!

Security set-up: Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.13.268, Comodo BOClean, Eset NOD32 Anti-Virus, Spybot Search & Destroy, MS Defender, KeyScrambler + sweeps with Lavasoft AdAware

Please, Comodo - there has to be a fix!