A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
[ol]- Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic subject, NOT here.
- Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?: Yes. Completely
- If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened: Enable Firewall
- If not obvious, what U expected to happen: WOL packet to be allowed through
- If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?: N/A
- Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version: N/A
- Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc: I Created a Global rule to allow traffic to port 7 and an Application rule to allow traffic to WOLSniffer.exe. I even tried setting the Global rule to allow TCP & UDP In to/from any port/address and then tried changing it to IP. With the Application rule I also tried on both Allow All TCP & UDP in and then tried on IP. I set both rules to log events but neither generate any events. The only log events the Global Rule catches are for ports 138 and 1900, which are unrelated to the WOL packet.
The WOL command is in this format:
wolcmd xx yy 255.255.255.255 8
where xx is the MAC address and yy is the Dynamic DNS name (xx.no-ip.org)[/ol]
wolcmd.exe and wolsniffer.exe attached in zip.
- Always attach - Diagnostics file, Watch Activity process list, dump if freeze/crash. (If complex - CIS logs & config, screenshots, video, zipped program - not m’ware)
B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)
[ol]- Exact CIS version & configuration: CIS 6.2.285401.2860, Firewall Security
- Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV: Only Firewall
- Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
Have U updated (without uninstall) from a CIS 5?: No
[li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?: N/A
[/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
[li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do: N/A
[/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used: Win7 Ultimate x64, Admin account
- Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: None[/ol]
[attachment deleted by admin]