wireless printer blocked

How can I tell comodo FW to allow wireless printing without having to go manually in and disarm the FW. I tend to forget it’s disarmed and leave myself open.

I have a brother MFC-J6510DW wireless, then I have via a printer server router dlink DIR-628 and an older Dell 1110 laser printer.

I have tried to add it to the trusted applications, but then I’m not sure if I’m doing that correct.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

on one of my computers I used to be able to print fine until I had to reinstall comodo. I have tried disable the wireless adaptor, uninstall comodo, clean, reinstall comodo, enable adaptor and watch for the print spool alerts to allow them, but it still didn’t fix the problem…

Pls help this is very frustrating.

tks

Easiest is to make your local network a trusted network zone or make the printer IP address a trusted network zone.

Go to Network Zones and define a new new network zone. Then run the Stealth Ports Wizard using option 1 (Define a new trusted network zone) and you should be done. CIS will adapt Global Rules and the rule for System to make your network trusted.

Brilliant, that you are!!!
Thank you it has been so frustrating and now it’s fixed!!

Need some help in this.

When I make a new network-zone it needs an IP is this filled automatically after below actions?

“(Default = Any Address). The Exclude check box will be enabled only if any other choice is selected from the drop-down box.” do I chause Any Addres or what?

“The new zone now appears in the main list along with the addresses you assigned to it.
Once created, a network zone can be:
Quickly called as ‘Zone’ when creating or modifying a network policy” Where do I find this option?

What is the IP range and how do I find mine? I have a remote client I need to setup but I don’t know the IP range.

For example my wifi printer has a sorce 192.168.0.xxx:xxxx and the destination is the same and the X is random and changes constant. And sometimes I see 255.255.255.255

Second question, In the wizard do I need to set ZONENAME to my new zone “printer” first and then select the second option to input the printer IP, or leave it empty?

A real step by step document should be better for me

BUMP

The IP address does not get filled in. That has to be done by the end user. For this purpose the Exclude check box does not need to get enabled.

If your printer has a fixed IP address set you can use the option “IPv4 single IP address” and then fill in the IP address of the printer.

"The new zone now appears in the main list along with the addresses you assigned to it. Once created, a network zone can be: Quickly called as 'Zone' when creating or modifying a network policy" Where do I find this option?
What is the IP range and how do I find mine? I have a remote client I need to setup but I don't know the IP range.
For example my wifi printer has a sorce 192.168.0.xxx:xxxx and the destination is the same and the X is random and changes constant. And sometimes I see 255.255.255.255
When the printer does not have a fixed IP set you need to make your local network a trusted zone. Choose the option to define the network as "IPv4 subnet mask" and fill in: 192.168.0.10 (the last octet could be any number from 0 to 255) 255.255.255.0 (this is the actual subnet mask defining the network from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.0.255 )
Second question, In the wizard do I need to set ZONENAME to my new zone "printer" first and then select the second option to input the printer IP, or leave it empty?

A real step by step document should be better for me

In the wizard you chose the option “I would like to trust one of my Network Zones” and then choose from the drop down menu the name of the zone you created. You mentioned you wanted to name it Zone so you choose Zone from the drop down menu. Then close the wizard with OK.