Windows XP SP2.5 ?

As I was like always surfing around and trying to test everything → which mostly result in crashing 88) I found this one : Wesmosis’ Windows XP Pre-SP3 (the Intelligent Windows) v2.5
I was wondering, is this a safe one or are there like always leaks in it build so they can easely acces your pc ?

Link : Wesmosis’ Windows XP Pre-SP3 (the Intelligent Windows) v2.5

Personally I wouldn’t use a third part SP for Windows, better use the update patches provided by MS and wait for the real SP3. Just my opinion.

/LA

I agree with LA, you’ll never know what it contains.
Also the avaliable SP3 is for beta testers only right now, some people leaked it on torrent sites.
Better wait for real one, it’s said to be released first half of 2008.

Ragwing

Well as I see further they add some software that you need to pay for for free :o Were have I seen this before… Oh yeah pirated software. LOL

Also the avaliable SP3 is for beta testers only right now, some people leaked it on torrent sites.
As well as hacked versions of the SP 3 :(

Yeah, so stay away from it :wink:
And most likely it will only include all XP updates since SP2 or something.

Ragwing

Yeah, so stay away from it ;)
I won't even touch it 88)

But it seems that less intelligent creatures called human do trap in it :-\

It’s already dangerous to stick with MS, but to get a pre-patch of SP3 and from a 3rd party site even - :o :o :o :o

Even if MS releases SP3, I would personally wait for some months afterwards to let others test it. I did the same with SP2 (waited for over a year, much longer than I should’ve, but it’s safer).

It is not recommended you use service packs from sources other then MS as they could have been tampered with or it could just have tons of patches/updates you already have being completely useless.

I recommend only getting your updates from MS as this way it is less likely (but still possible) that your system will not be harmed.

Justin