Windows media player and Comodo

I just installed Comodo and now I can’t launch windows media player!

Its fully blocking it and comodo never prompted me to allow or block it with a new dialogue box.

When I go to the comodo advanced tab and remove it, I still can’t launch WMP and get the comodo diaogue window that prompts me to allow or block the new application.

How do I get WMP to launch?

Susan

Hello. What do your defense+ logs tell you?
What mode are you running in defense+?
Also… Just to be safe… when removing WMP from the blocked rules… did you click apply?

when you see the pop-up just click treat as trusted/windows system application and your problem is solved!

I’ve got the defense section fully disabled, but it was a good suggestion.

I also can’t get the dialog window to pop up to block or allow windows media player.

Once I remove windows media player from the advanced tab, I then can’t launch the WMP program and can’t get the dialogue window to surface asking me allow or block.

How do I get the pop up window to surface after I remove it.

Susan

By the way, there is no data in the defence log.

You could also uninstall WMP11 from add remove programs. Purge and Apply on both Firewall and Defence+. Download and reinstall a new copy of WMP11 and tick either the trusted application or windows application boxes. This should solve your problem.

enable defense + and set it to training mode, launch windows media player and let defense + learn the actions of wmp, after windows media player has started set defense + to a different mode or disable it…

I like the idea of setting defence + to training mode and then launching windows media player so it can learn the situation and then disabling defence +.

Unfortunately, windows media player won’t even launch.

I think I’m stuck with un-installing wmp and re-installing it for comodo to learn the program so I can get a pop up window.

than the problem does not seems to be related to defense +, if you have removed the wmp entry out the computer security policy and have set defense + to training mode and wmp does not want to launch… and when disable defense + and you still can not launch it, I think the problem is not related to defense +…

try do a registry scan using comodo registry scanner and reinstall windows media player.