Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device

I noticed this a few months back on two different machines, both with PCIe 1x Intel network cards. It was an oddity I didn’t make much of since the main adapters would go through install after a restart. But now I have a new Intel WiFi PCIe adapter and attempting to even update the drivers is producing the issue.

Here’s what’s happening: when installing either the aformentioned cards, or updating the drivers, the Device Manager will report “Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)” on either the device being installed or the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter that installs alongside it. The cards in question to look at are Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160Mhz and Intel AC-7260. A restart may or may not help the driver load correctly. In the case of the AX200, attempting to update the driver hoses the entire adapter. It gets stuck at installing for like 10 minutes then shows that error. Uninstalling COMODO fixes this.

Tested on Windows 10 x64 version 2004 with latest COMODO 12.2.2.7062, but the issue goes as far back as 12.1.x. I was able to find another person mentioning this: Redirecting

A reboot system the class is registered (this happen without CIS installed); :-TU

Sorry my english!

Please check again with 12.2.2.8012