Windows Blue and Windows 9

I could almost get behind this.

Windows Blue concept arts 2013

Unfortunately, the suits at Redmond, will no doubt, have other ideas :-X

I think it looks good except the task manager.

being guided by convenience of use of a mouse and the keyboard, but also adhering to all standards of the Metro-interface

i think this should be the other way around this is a destop right? ???

and will the task manager work with safe mode ?

sadly i dont like metro i havent used a tablet so nah :stuck_out_tongue:

i do understand that this is a concept art

I’d be very surprised if this even came from anyone at Redmond and seeing as MS hasn’t really made any official announcements regarding Windows 9, let alone Windows Blue, which is due this year, take anything you see with a pinch of salt.

Looks very nice. I like it. :-TU

It’s a start (pun intended)

Blue

Video showing the changes in today’s leaked copy of Windows Blue:

I guess if you like Windows 8, you’ll appreciate these changes…

Summary:
IE11
More/reorganised Options
Security fixes/additions
Modern UI cosmetics

Public beta is supposedly due in June/July…

Edit: IE11 to appear as Firefox to avoid legacy IE CSS

O0

Thanks I enjoyed that. Went looking to see if it was going to be a completely free upgrade. From what I found it will be.

Ran across this site. Looks like it’s a good time to buy a new laptop.

Windows Blue looks very good, and a catchy instrumental tune in the background while you watch the demonstration. :slight_smile:

“Update & recovery” - “Recovery”
Refresh your PC without affecting your files !
I never thought this concept would ever come about, but it must be some kind of technical error solution idea :slight_smile:

For anyone who doesn’t like or finds too complex the Windows 8 interface without the long-running Start menu and a different restart/shut down procedure and location, there are pre-Windows 8 Start Menu programs. If those programs are installed, do they automatically replace all the Desktop apps, or just the Start menu appearance?

Do all Windows 8 and will all Windows Blue users require a Microsoft Account?

Can Windows Vista users upgrade to Windows Blue with their existing computers?

For users upgrading to Windows 8 or Windows Blue, is Dual Boot or a new boot best when upgrading? and

Is Nero 9 compatible with Windows 8 and Windows Blue?

So far, I’ve had Dual Drives so I can have Windows F for documents on the previous operating system and the brand new C drive for the replacement OS.

Can’t say I’m terribly struck by the tune either :-X

"Update & recovery" - "Recovery" Refresh your PC without affecting your files ! I never thought this concept would ever come about, but it must be some kind of technical error solution idea :)

Windows 8/Blue does have better recovery options than previous Windows releases.

For anyone who doesn't like or finds too complex the Windows 8 interface without the long-running Start menu and a different restart/shut down procedure and location, there are pre-Windows 8 Start Menu programs. If those programs are installed, do they automatically replace all the Desktop apps, or just the Start menu appearance?

Personally, I think the Modern UI - aka Metro - is just another example of ‘dumbing down’ that we’re seeing in a lot of application interfaces. That aside, if you install, one of the many ‘start menu’ replacements, they typically hide Modern UI and just give you a start menu. Some offer additional options. There are also some other add-ons that make Windows 8 more usable - Finally, Windows 8 TIFKAM on the desktop!

Do all Windows 8 and will all Windows Blue users require a Microsoft Account?

You can use a local account but there will be some limitations when using Modern UI applications.

Can Windows Vista users upgrade to Windows Blue with their existing computers?

Windows 8 yes and Blue probably. However, upgrading is never a good idea and if you do decide to take this path, unlike Windows 7 upgrades, you’ll have to reinstall your applications once the upgrade completes.

For users upgrading to Windows 8 or Windows Blue, is Dual Boot or a new boot best when upgrading?

Dual booting is one way to see if you like something before making a commitment, as is running the OS in a VM.

Is Nero 9 compatible with Windows 8 and Windows Blue?

Nero 9 is pretty old, probably better to update or find an alternative.

This sounds very promising. :slight_smile:

Metro appears to be geared towards touch screen users, which is fine, for those who have touch screen monitors, but Microsoft aren’t taking into account that not everyone likes the new design of Windows 8 and often finds it a struggle to use. I gather the Shut Down/Restore functions are a bit of a needle in a haystack to locate, for instance.

It sounds like there are pros and cons to the Start Menu replacements, due to the invaluable way they revert to the previous look and what they replace.

Equally, the facilities to make Windows 8 more usable are also invaluable. Thanks for the link.

Regarding accounts, will be the limitations also apply to users who wish to continue to use their existing ISPs?

The Cloud concept in Microsoft Office Suite 2013 and individual components within it sounds very good, but not everyone will use the Cloud or only use it occasionally, depending on when they choose to use their Office programs, and for programs to be stored in the Cloud, they’d need be Very secure to ensure. I gather 2013 software places the Cloud as the Default saving setting, but that files saved in the Cloud can be copied or transferred locally and vice versa, so original Local usage can still be made good use of.

In light of this, I’ll play safe and upgrade at a later date from Vista to Windows 8. I can always upgrade to Windows Blue some other time, which I have since found out will be making software in 128 bits! :slight_smile: I’ve not seen the difference between the quality of 32 bit (which I have) and 64 bit or what 128 bit software will look like, but this is a very good move.

I’ll have to think through nearer the time what to do. It’s said that it’s More vital to back up on an external hard drive or memory sticks/DVDs documents that users wish to keep when transferring to Windows 8, as opposed to upgrades to Windows 7, Vista, XP, etc.

Whenever I’ve upgraded to date, I’ve always merely had my existing documents backed up and copied over from, most recently a few years ago, XP to Vista, without any problems, but with the Windows 8 issue, I’d be best saving them externally in some form, in case anything goes wrong.

At present, some clutter leftover from previous operating systems including occasional Internet Explorer 5 traces, “My Documents” and other out of date unused folders/files still remain, due to the Dual Boot, which has invaluable uses in other ways.

OK. I’ll find out what the current version of Nero is nearer the time and upgrade.

No real surprise - Windows Blue poised to become Windows 8.1

I like the fact that there is a start button.

Hi andrei1997,

Where did you see a start button ?

Possibly a reference to the Win-X button?

[attachment deleted by admin]

“A leaked version of the next version of Windows, code-named Blue, came with a version of IE11, and developer’s scrutiny of the browser shows evidence of WebGL.”

It was inevitable they’d add support for WebGL, I just hope they leave the support for OpenGL and not simply bolt this on top of DirectX.

It’s a shame the “Windows Blue” brand name is being dropped, but on a plus side, 32 bit computers will be replaced by 128 bits! :slight_smile:

I don’t know if there are any screenshots of the differences in quality between 32 and 128 bits, but this sounds very promising.

Does Windows 8 come with an equivalent of the Windows Photo Gallery for storing photos uploaded from cameras, editing including improving brightness, contrast and in other cases cropping photo sizes?

Is it true that, from now on, Windows users can upgrade Free from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, etc?

If this is correct, is this concurrent upgrades only, such as the above, or could users upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 8, Windows Vista to Windows 8? I currently have Vista and will upgrade to 8, to avoid the risk of incompatibility.

I don’t know if all first editions of operating systems are riddled with errors, I know this was the case with XP sometime ago, but I would imagine that, whether or not this is still the case today with newer ones, second editions would have some improvements over original copies?

It’s impossible to read M$. I’m still bleeding from they fact they went with Flash. A deal was struck in a backroom over that. Somewhere (everywhere) money is being made on user data. Microsoft could have took the first step in toppling Flash. In a perfect world they would commit to HTML5 and bring back the start button. :slight_smile: