Window Update 0x80070005 error

The problem is that CIS just prevents W10 from selfupdate and cause 0x80070005 error (access denied).
The update process goes well only after exitting CIS and killing all its remant processes in memory (excluding secureshopping, it is immortal).
That’s annoying because my comp is vulnerable during rollup downloading and installation.

Hi Z436410,

Please check your private message(PM) and provide the requested logs by following the guide.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

The same problem for me. Windows Pro x64 1803

After install COMODO Firewall in my Windows 10 x64 1803. The windows update not working more. The Windows Update generate message of 0x80070005 error (access denied). The update process goes well only after exiting COMODO Firewall and killing all its remnant processes in memory. I removed COMODO Firewall of my system temporarily.

Exact CIS version & configuration:

Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
Firewall: Safe Mode
Auto-Containment: Disabled
HIPS: Disabled
VirusScope: Disabled
Website Filtering: Disabled

Have you made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
I only disabled few modules.

Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5, 6 or 7?
No

Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
No

OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
Windows 10 1803 x64, UAC default setting, administrator account, no VM

Other security/s’box software
Kaspersky Free

Hmm I only needed to hit retry in windows update and it completes successfully without needing to stop CIS. I have also had this happen even when CIS wasn’t installed, so I’m not sure if CIS is the cause of the issue.

The problem occur with COMODO installed only and other user reported same problem. In others words, COMODO caused the problem in Windows 10 x64 1803, yes.

https://forums.comodo.com/incomplete-issue-reportscis/cis-10206526-doesnt-allow-windows-10-enterprise-1803-to-update-rollups-t122531.0.html

But in that users case they didn’t attempt to retry the update process without killing CIS processes, so until someone keeps getting the same error after each attempt to install the update, it won’t be considered as an issue caused by CIS.

How you afirmate that I (users) not repeated the update process without killing COMODO Firewall? I repeated the process and problem persist. I use COMODO Firewall in two laptops and exist same problem. I resolved problem after uninstalled COMODO of my two laptops. I related an problem with COMODO if not exist interest in resolve ok. Goodbye!

I waiting the answer of a moderator more serious that not questionate users that collaborate with identification of bugs. Your answers for me not collaborate to identification and resolution of problem. I want the answer of a members of COMODO team with respect for users of your software.

Hi Thiago07,

Please check your personal message and provide requested logs.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi,

I installed CFW 11.0.0.6744 x64 and exist a problem with Windows Update. When COMODO Firewall is installed in a system, the Windows Update generate error 0x80070005 with cumulatives updates. I noted that problem occurs with COMODO installed only. Why? I format my system and tested with and without COMODO installed more than 1 time. My configurations is with firewall enabled only, the others functions disabled.

The problem exist in previous versions too.

Log of Windows Update
https://send.firefox.com/download/1f3d37eb23/#xqThRUVFbu7gcvKiU2PArQ

My system:

Windows 10 Pro 1809 x64

Hi thiago488,

Thank you for reporting, will forward the issue to developers for investigation.

Thank you!

Hi thiago488,

Could you please check your Inbox for private message and provide the requested logs for further investigation.

Hi thiago488,

Thank you for providing the logs, but it has no invalid behavior content.
From your last PM I understood that you have formatted the system and couldn’t reproduce this issue.

Let us know if the problem persists.

Thanks,