Okay, so ive been a long time user, and have had a Comodo Firewall button on my website, and recommended it to friends.
After having an earlier version installed, i went against my normal “if it aint broke, dont update it” philosophy today and installed 188.8.131.528…oh god what a mistake.
And ill tell you why.
- I started with a fresh XP install, updated to latest hotfixes.
- I installed Comodo Firewall
- I rebooted
- Hmmm, no i have no wireless connection…oh joy…
- I hit the uninstall link
- Shortly after uninstall completes, my wireless returns…
- I reboot, as you do, and as suggested
- I get an error saying windows cannot load my profile…now windows is dead
I then reinstalled windows, this time with SP2 and got the same result…
And ill tell you why im never using it or recommending it on my website or to friends ever again…
The error exists simply because some idiot at Comodo decided to do what every other firewall/av company does eventually (they will never learn) and whack in other functions to create an all-in-one bloated monster that now longer performs the core function you downloaded it for. My god the sheer amount of screens and options and information in there. Give me v2 any day. What an absolute clusterfuck of a decision, and incidentally a product.
I never got to even test the Firewall, you killed my wireles connection…technically you did stop traffic…sheesh
Congratulations Comodo, you become identical to the same companies we all hated and worshipped you for being an alternative to…
Youve lost the plot…good bye