Will cavs be able to replace my current security software?

With the immenent release of cavs3 beta, i was telling some of my friends & relatives about it & that they wont have to pay for it. One suggested that security software that covers all types of threats ie viruses,spyware, malware wouldnt be as effective having antivirus & antispyware apps- which i think is pretty ridiculus, to me, spyware is the same as a virus - it is malicious software that i dont want on my pc.

would it be possible to get an official response as to whether cavs3 going to be of the same standard as cfp3? Would i be able to rely on the antispyware side as much as say spyware doctor? Will i need any other av software such as anti malware?

thanks

Well at the moment, the signature database is still below par. But… Melih promissed us to give much more signatures, better detection, and lighter on recourses.

would it be possible to get an official response as to whether cavs3 going to be of the same standard as cfp3? Would i be able to rely on the antispyware side as much as say spyware doctor? Will i need any other av software such as anti malware?
Relying on 1 product is never good. It's the best to have 1 on-acces(=realtime) scanner and some on-demand scanners.

Hope I answered all your questions

Xan