Why is Comodo calling the Paltalk site unsafe ?

I went to download a new copy of Paltalk and Comodo wouldnt let me.

Where do I go to turn off this function of Comodo blocking ordinary websites I visit ?

What warning or alert do you see when attempting to visit site? Is there any reference to Comodo secure DNS?

Yes, it goes to securedns.com
How do I stop it from going there so I can download the file I want ?

I turned off website filtering but it still does it.

Warning: Unsafe Website Blocked!
downloads.paltalk.com

This website has been blocked temporarily because of the following reason(s):

HTTPS Site: Blocked site uses S-HTTP encryption. You may have received a browser security message before loading this unencrypted warning page.
Malware: Site may contain content that is harmful, illegal, or malicious to your computer

Go back to safety (Recommended)

This website has been reported as unsafe by various users and we do NOT recommend you to continue browsing.

You can disregard the site to access it. It is blocked on secure dns but it is a trusted vendor. Don’t know why it would be trusted on cis but not secure dns.

If you need there messenger, you can always find a trusted software site. I used softpedia with no problems. There is 2 versions, the regular and beta version. Paltalk Messenger http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Chat/Instant-Messaging/PalTalk.shtml

Issue should be fixed please run ipconfig /flushdns from the windows command prompt and check again.

I flushed the DNS cache, but still get the error.

92.242.144.160 (wants to run a script)

Then -

http://securedns.comodo.com/main?ParticipantID=xd34nu3b7tg9r2jcd9fb8jjdzztv2dxl&FailedURI=http%3A%2F%2Fregister.paltalk.com%2Freg%2Fngdownload.jsp%3Fref%3Dngwinbeta%26direct%3Dtrue&blockedDomain=paltalk.com&FailureMode=13&Implementation=&AddInType=2&Version=3.0.5&ClientLocation=xx&PlatformInfo=DNSA&msgID1=112484

Malware: Site may contain content that is harmful, illegal, or malicious to your computer

This website has been reported as unsafe by various users and we do NOT recommend you to continue browsing.
Disregard this warning and continue (Not Recommended)

I choose disregard, then it makes me add a security exception, I do… then it takes me back to a Comodo error with no choice but to back out.

downloads.paltalk.com

HTTPS Site: Blocked site uses S-HTTP encryption. You may have received a browser security message before loading this unencrypted warning page.

PS I also cleared browser cache…

Thanks Tazruby, I will if I cant resolve this, but I like getting software from the author’s site when possible. :slight_smile:

Sorry looks like I wasn’t using comdoo secure dns. Yes I get the block but when I select disregard I can continue to the site without any further blockage from comodo or from the web browser (I tried with firefox).

I’m actually getting 2 blocks as I click through the pages to get to the Paltalk download. The first one allows me to set an exception, the second one is the one driving me bats that won’t let me continue.

Is there any way I can disable this blocking function entirely ? I’m about at the end of my rope with it and I’ve tried disabling website filtering.

This isn’t the only site Im having problems with, I believe it wouldnt let me go to Wordpress. It seems people are falsely reporting sites they don’t happen to like for some reason.

They are working on it but have some issues with propagation. You can switch to the other set of secure DNS servers in you network adapter properties for IPv4. https://www.comodo.com/secure-dns/index.html

Thanks,

The same thing is happening for blogspot.com