Why I am getting error message “800CC19" when I use Microsoft Outlook?

Why I am getting error message “800CC19" when I use Microsoft Outlook?

Common error message(s):

“0x800CC19”
“A time-out occurred while communicating with the server 0x800ccc19”
“0x8004210a”
“Operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server 0x8004210a”

Scenario:

1. You’re getting an Error Message when trying access a POP3 e-mail account.
  2. Your PC has an antivirus, firewall and antispam software installed

Recommended Troubleshooting steps:

I. Check your security software settings, as it may be interfering with the ability of your email client, to connect to the POP3 Server. POP3 is the abbreviation for Post Office Protocol - a data format for delivery of emails across the Internet.

1. For Comodo Internet Security follow the steps below:
    a. Ensure that your POP Server settings are allowed. Go to Advanced Settings, Firewall Settings, and then Port Sets (Comodo Internet Security Port Sets, Firewall Protection | Internet Security v7.0)
    b. Your computer sends and receives data to other computers and to the Internet through a port. There are over 65,000 numbered ports on every computer - with certain ports being traditionally reserved for certain services. For example, your machine almost definitely connects to Internet using port 80 and port 443. By default most e-mail client software connects to your email provider’s mail server through port 25.
    c. Additionally, you may check if your email client’s executable has to be added unto your Antivirus’ Exclusion Applications list (Exclude Files / Applications to Scan, PC Antivirus | Internet Security v7.0)

2. For users of Symantec products you may refer to this link (Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition - Symantec Enterprise) .

3. For users of McAfee products you may refer to this link. (http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100813)

4. For users of Trend Micro products, you may refer to this link. (Support | Trend Micro Help Center)

5. You may also refer to the manufacturer’s website/documentation on how to configure the permission/exemptions list of ports and applications.

II. Contact GeekBuddy Support
a. Via phone, you can reach us through 855-301-4475 or 888-351-8017.
b. Via the GeekBuddy Chat Application, indicate your issue as “Outlook Error 800CC19”, or simply as “Email/POP3 Errors”

[attachment deleted by admin]