Why does comodo rely sloley on DUNS ??

Hello,
I applied for EV certificate, I was confident that I can prove everything, my company is under my name, the registrar information is accesiable to anybody anywhere, But I was surprised by the question " We need DUNS NO. to prove your company’s phone no.", Or something like that, I said to myself, it’s okay, how hard could it be, so I searched online and I learned that,

The Data Universal Numbering System, abbreviated as DUNS or D-U-N-S, is a proprietary system developed and regulated by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) that assigns a unique numeric identifier, referred to as a "DUNS number" to a single business entity. It was introduced in 1963 to support D&B's credit reporting practice. It is standard worldwide, although only a very small fraction of companies actually use it. DUNS users include the European Commission, the United Nations, and the United States government. More than 50 global industry and trade associations recognize, recommend, or require DUNS. The DUNS database contains over 250 million entries for businesses throughout the world
from Wikipedia, Only a small fraction ??? ??? My other option to get registered lawyer to sign a document for me, which by no means is a validation for the company's No., I can just put any no. and the lawyer will sign anything as long as i pay him, What I read Is

[ol]- Trade Registrar Information

• Domain Information to match.
  • In some cases the company must be listed in a local directory[/ol]

Okay lets see I got the first two,
The third one not only the company is listed a local business directory, it is listed in most of them, and many of them like google for example has to verify address, Yelp for example has to verify the phone number, and it is a toll free no., who gets a toll free no. for personal use.

Finally sorry for the long post but I just wanted to know why ??
P.S. a company as big as Comodo should really put more agents to the tickets system, it is really slow.

The ticket support answered with almost the same answer, I don’t know guys but there are alot of third parties Databases,
No body wants to pay money to a lawyer for useless document !!

Let me forward this thread to the Validation Manager.

I apologize for the delay and hassle.

Ok this is beginning to be very irritating.
After Days of communication with dnb I got this reply,

http://gb.registry.pharmacies.agency/img/farmacina.jpg

and this is the screenshoot provided from dnb Customer Service
http://gb.registry.pharmacies.agency/img/farmacina.pdf
I got with the Live Chat and I have been told to register to a German Partner website to the duns “http://upik.de/” and update my Information there,
Really ?
I Specifically asked if there are any other surprises, Aside from the DUNS ??
Now First I thought there was some kind of affiliation, But No NOT AT ALL, I ASKED am I required to buy anything from dnb and been told NO, Now to make my phone available to the public I have to buy some kind of package, and where is the support, it seems like a one man company here !!!

No dnb themselves say it’s live and included a paid report for me, and the live chat agent say it’s not, what am I supposed to do ?

Call in to the Validation department and speak to someone.

Calling always works better than email/chat.

Thank you Sal, I’m really thankful for your replies and help,
and I would like to thank Comodo Professional support staff for thier professionalism and patience, I solved the main problems, only one small issue remains, and it’s not that important,
again Thank you Sal, and Thank you Comodo.

Guys, I’m having the same problem!
I’m based in Australia, and despite being a Comodo customer for years during which time my details (including the Company Number) have not changed, when I tried to renew my SSL Comodo have asked for a DUNS number. They say their procedures have changed and they no longer accept White Pages listings.
That’s fine, I went and got a DUNS number.
Now, in order to see my phone number, Comodo needs to be a subscriber to the DUNS system in Australia - which they are NOT!
So they can’t see my number!
This is ridiculous. What am I supposed to do? What’s the best number to call the Validation Team?