Why does BOC425.EXE want to access the internet? [RESOLVED]

Hi,
I just iinstalled Comodo BOClean and it updated during the install. I rebooted and shortly afterwards BOC425.EXE wanted to access the internet. Why?

I have an entry in ZA for BOC4UPD.exe, but it was a new entry BOC425.EXE accessing the internet. Why is this?

Thank you.

Sincerely, Libra

There is a setting in BOClean to check for updates X minutes after boot.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Thank you for your reply. In the original BOClean there was only an updater that checked for updates. So does this mean that BOC425.EXE and BOC4UPD.EXE both need permission to access the internet whenever you get an update? I expected only the BOC4UPD.EXE to require permissions and that’s all I’ve allowed so far.

Sincerely, Libra

EDIT: I just manually checked for updates and ZA didn’t prompt for BOC425.EXE.

I believe (but I’m not 100% certain on this, as I’m not on a BOClean equipped PC at the moment) that BOCUPD.EXE is for manual updates. the core BOC executable does the automatic check and if an update is found, calls BOCUPD.EXE to actually download the update (geeze I hope my memory serves me well now I’ve put it in B&W ;)).

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Yes Ewen is correct, just tried it myself :slight_smile:

When I manually check for updates I get an alert from my firewall, but earlier today when BOClean updated, there were no alerts, this is because the BOC425.exe is set as allowed to access the internet in Comodo Firewall.

Hope this helps,
Justin

Hi Justin,
Thank you for explaining that BOC425.exe needs permission in order do the automatic updates. I’ll change my settings.

Sincerely, Libra

Just wondering, do you have to manually set Comodo to allow boc425 for allow, because I’ve been checking the remember my answer box with allow and it isn’t showing up on Applications monitor and when the time for an update arrives a pop up appears?

edit: nevermind, it just took like 3-4 remember allows, or maybe I did something wrong.

edit2: just to make sure, should mine be reading explorer.exe as its parent path?

Yes that is correct.
:slight_smile:

Explorer.exe is Windows itself (well actually its GUI), not to mistake with iexplore.exe (the browser). Explorer.exe is the most occurringly parent app and is of course safe.

AH okay thanks for the replies.

I have marked this topic as resolved and locked it. If you want it re-opened please PM a Moderator with your request.

:SMLR