Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.

I have had it disabled and it still freezes. I would rather run no protection than have my system without comodo on it. other products are ok but i like the way comodo allows me to set all the firewall option and system options i like not that preset ■■■■. Do you think i should disable def + itself. if so i will have to reinstall. welp tell me waht ya think

When your downloading you pick custom install so you can choose the features you want, when you do it this way your presented with the back button that’s so you can agree to the terms, once you click that button it starts installing all of the features. Then I went ahead and tried the Anti-Virus feature my machine froze every time I tried to run a scan. My question is why was it released from beta its not finished yet. I’ve been using Comodo Firewall for 6 years and I was a beta tester for 3 of those years. And yes, I tried uninstalling then reinstalling even went back to earlier builds still got the same reactions described above.

Thanks…
turnorburn

Yikes guys i didn’t mean to shut down the thread, I’m going to give it another go and see what happens. It could have been my machine, its an old XP SP 3 I apologize to the beta team and any others that may have been offended… :embarassed:

turnorburn

Don’t worry you’ve not offended anyone. :slight_smile:

First of all, I’d like to thank Comodo for this thread.

I’ve never had any issues with CIS until a few weeks ago, when suddenly my PC began suffering from “hiccups”.

Some specific info:

• It started “overnight”, i.e., one day I shut down and everything was fine, the next day this behaviour started.

• It happened most of the time, but not all the time.

• The system wouldn’t actually freeze, but whatever operation I was attempting at the moment would have a “hiccup”, duration variable, from 5 sec to 1+min.

• It happened when I started apps (double-clicking a video to open VLC was particularly painful, even if it was just a small animation made in blender), or opened new content on an already open app (e.g., opening a new tab on Firefox to access a simple web page, say gamasutra.com’s front page). I’d get the “Win7-Loop-Hourglass” for a few seconds, then I’d get the regular cursor, but it would take from 5 sec to 1+min to do whatever I was trying. E.g., If I was starting an app, I’d get the hourglass, then the regular cursor, but no app for another few dozen seconds.

• Task Manager showed nothing strange. CPU usage was low, the highest process on CPU was cmdagent, but only at 8%-12%, the rest was idle. When I was starting an app, the app’s process would show up in Task Manager, with 0% CPU, during the “5 sec to 1+min” period.

• Resource Manager showed dozens of files open by cmdagent. I didn’t understand why, since it included files I wasn’t even using/accessing at the moment (e.g., installers for audacity, notepad++, or QTCreator; or ProcessExplorer.zip).

• I logged in as admin, and the behaviour remained the same.

• I disabled the services in Control Panel and restarted.

• The system went back to its old performance - opening a small animation in VLC was instantaneous, and so was opening Notepad++.

• I reenabled the service in Control Panel and restarted. I then went to the Comodo tray and set all components to “Disabled”. It didn’t solve anything. Only stopping the service in Control Panel worked.

So, I ended up uninstalling Comodo, and decided to give it another try in a couple of months. It’s still the best product I’ve found, and the one I feel more comfortable with (even though it gives me plenty of pain when working with QT Creator).

So, thanks for your time.

I am going to uninstall Comodo and look for another program.

Here are the reasons.

1. Comodo did not work with my Cisco VPN.
  2. Since installing, my desktop settings are constantly being reset upon reboot.
  3. My system will hang for minutes when trying to display Desktop properties or screensaver properties.
  4. But the main reason is that I cannot get help from support for these problems without paying. I want to evaluate before buying. How can I evaluate the product if I cannot solve potentially minor problems like these?

This is not worth my time.

Hi Noconflicts, thanks for your feedback.

You can usually get free support/help on things like this from these forums or by going to Comodo Support and submitting a support ticket on them.

Hi i uninstalled Comodo Firewall V5.8 free version

because the Antilogger function in D+ still need improvment

also the main thing is the comodo Updater is really painful
useually not responding after Pressing update also more unresponsive in LUA

comodo need to work on it’s connection activity viewer

other than That Really Gr8 Product and i think i will back for it soon :-TU

Initially, I was ready to uninstall CIS because Geekbuddy was installed along
with it. (which I didn’t want) Then, I noticed that I could remove Geekbuddy
in Add/Remove programs, so I just removed that app and used the firewall.
I have since come to realize that you can customize the install to opt out of
Geekbuddy, but that option was not readily apparent to me when I initially
installed CIS.

I did completely uninstall CIS twice, for a couple of different reasons:

1. The first uninstall was to verify a program conflict between CIS and
    Ahead Software’s Nero InCD service. The conflict was confirmed and
    was traceable to Defense+. If I go into Defense+ settings and move
    the slider to “Disabled”, InCD performs normally.

2. The second uninstall was done to test drive Zone Lab’s most current
    version of ZoneAlarm, which I was very unimpressed with. Talk about
    lack of configurability and control!

In the end, I reinstalled CIS, this time opting out of Geekbuddy.

System:

Intel Core2 Duo E8400 [at] 3.0 GHZ
2 GB RAM
Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit

CIS Version: 5.8.213334.2131

Nero InCD Version: 4.3.23.2

I uninstalled Comodo Internet Security and now half my programs are not connecting to the internet, Big one being Skype.

Anyone know how to fix this problem? I didnt know how to create a new thread because this message board does not make it easy to get anywhere.

Please check your other topic for a possible solution.

We just uninstalled Comodo Firewall on one of our computers, because we installed playon.tv to allow us to play Hulu and other internet content on TV through our Nintendo Wii.

Playon.tv was unable to identify and connect with our computer while Comodo was installed, even when we added it to “safe” programs. We did an internet search and found that others were having the same problem, so we switched to a different firewall.

Hated to do it, but we could not get it to work.

I uninstalled and re-installed to simply go back to defaults and start again.
If the help files were in the program rather than web based, then I may not need to uninstall to read help files.
Just an average user with no real understanding if whatever is connected is safe or what. It just tells me something is connected. If only it had a whois, then I can see for myself and block that connection if I think it is suspicious.

Hi Lazlo,
If you would like to have the help files always on hand you can download CIS User Guide in PDF format.
Please note: The following is a direct PDF 12.7MB download link,
Comodo Internet Security 2012 V5.8 User Guide pdf
Hope that helps for future times.

Any word on the new beta build and how its coming along, I’d like to try the antivirus but for some reason it won’t run on my XP. Its not Ram i have 3 GB 125 GB free space, no clutter from other apps it just stalls coughs and sputters like it has smokers cough. So until then I’m using Sandboxie which isn’t that bad, and very light on resources. Comodo makes the best firewall in my book and it always has, i even uninstalled that while i wait for the new build.

Thanks guys…
turnorburn

Thanks captainsticks, this will make some interesting reading and study, looking forward to it.

New COMODO ISP twice froze comp when antivirus test photo .JPG - WHY?

Happy reading,
Version update for PDF help files V5.9,
Please note: The following is a direct PDF 12.7MB download link,
Comodo Internet Security 2012 V5.9 User Guide pdf.

I was getting to many pop ups and the wife clicks yes. This allowed a virus through.

I will re install when the next version is released.

First of all : I really , really love Cis , but I have uninstalled , because it made my laptop SLOW AS A SNAIL!!!
also I got really bored , that finalizing the virus database takes FOREVER!!
wanted to add , that when I had cis installed , I did not run any other security software next to this…
as soon as you guys manage to fix these two major agrivations , I will reconsider , to install cis again :slight_smile: