Why CIS Premium is Superior..

Thank You Naren, indeed CIS 6 is a version designed to be used for masses, again thank you for recognizing it.

But the “expected” masses that dont want to read, dont want to see things (so they got “hidden”),
will press the trainings mode game mode button.

Partially this version is dangerous for those “masses”.

Allways when i see how versions get modelled around the weakest estimated user i think:
Is giving “Outgoing TCP+UDP” rights, and “treat as trusted”
ROCKET SCIENCE?
A 6 years old could handle that. If he gets informed.

People are just staying “dumb” because everyone tells them:
DONT try, just install and forget, its better for you.
This started as a marketing for paid versions. Buy from us, dont care, just buy from us, or you will be lost!

Some people may use the Game Mode and in 5.3 I always did. With this latest version I reaaly don’t see any need for the Game mode since if the game is trusted in the first place, there won’t be any alerts to surpress. The updating also seems to take very little resources and I have had no problems playing my games without using the Game mode. I do think however that it should be changed to only delay updates and the overall security settings should not change. Decisions should be made by CIS silently if they are needed.

We speak about different aspects.
The whole interface of the new version is like a big sign which says:
“Dont use the interface, install and forget!
Do not worry about traffic, we hided fixed that for you. No need for making settings. And of course, no need to worry about looking into the logs. We made them in a way, that you cant have an overview. So you will not be confused.”

People who dont care may get a fully automatic thing if they want, like you say.
But the interface is for the people who will use the buttons.
Returning from version 6 to version 5 was like returning from testing one of these products out there. And it was nice to return to comodo.

I dont use the game mode myself and to be honest i dont know what it is for…what does it do suppress alerts or something because my understanding is if you disable the HIPS then alerts are suppressed anyway.
Anyhow im sure its useful for some people but i dont need it myself. ;D

Yes CIS 6 is the best so far, is clean and simple, in the futures with all the minor improvements I believe cis will be the most used security software in the world. In past indeed cis was only for advance users, but now I can recommend CIS to all the people i know, life is meant to be simple, and CIS is on the right track. With the new BB I’m very happy i can use CIS again (old incompatibility between CIS and my touch pad driver is gone). Thank you comodo for this fantastic product. :love:

In contrast, i think today its for advanced users.
Because you need to know what you should not do. And what you should do.
Like the game mode button, supressed alerts, generic rules, and all the other things.

In the old versions you just had to decide, allow, or block.
That was way more easy.
The new version seems only be easy when you use it default.

Loads of “userfriendlyness” can confuse in the end.
If i had not known comodo before version 6, i would have had a hard time understanding all the does and donts.

I think this is why comodo is different because it is a restriction based security app…This can also have its downside too.Restricting normal windows operations is not a sensible way to go.But i like the idea of comodo being aimed towards virtualization which is a huge step forward. 8)

There are a few cosmetic things which need to be addressed notably in the main GUI.
The 3 dots by the way do not work.!!!..near the taskbar i mean.The interface is clearly based on the kaspersky interface and it would be stupid to say it isnt and the 3 dots near the taskbar are a big clue and giveaway.lol. :-[
Anyway for free comodo is a good deal but not at the present time is it a viable pay for product by any means.its still a work in progress from what i can see but i hope it improves in time. ;D

Very true. CIS is now far easier to use for people who are just coming to it for the first time. It was intimidating for those people in it’s earlier versions but not now. The only people finding it hard to use are the long time users who are used to wading through all the needless alerts and rules creation of the old version. They seem to even have a preference for that and so be it. They can still use the product that way if they choose.

You still dont understand.
You just dont know how to use a HIPS and a firewall right (Everyone COULD who is able to read).
I get not a single useless question, and i get very few… once.
Its like opening your door with a key. But only once.
Thats not terrible.

And for example i am surprised how the interface was made for people who will not use it.
And the same people say, nice interface… shows nothing… so i can forget.

Well i dont know the exact figures for comodo installations but it would need to be above 300million globally to be the most used security product in the world.
Kaspersky by the way has approximately 300 million worldwide users so there is a target to reac straightaway.

About 50M users of CIS but Melih should know the exact number …

That is still a respectable figure.although i dont see how accurate usage figures can be attained.

All the companies have ways of knowing when their products are installed or uninstalled.

i see it same like you. For me the new CIS in default settings gives not the same protection like the old V5. And u can see the bypasses here in the Forum very often. And in my tests i see it often too. But the most of the users close their eyes for this cause usability is more important for them. I think its dangerous, cause now, the usability means “i close my eyes for all, cause CIS will handle it” … I am still on the point that u get the best security if u try to understand your security software and how to handle it by yourself.

The only change in default settings in V5 & V6 I know is now in V6 COM & Protected thing alert is automatically allowed/blocked as per the specific situation, in V5 you get popup for COM & Protected thing.
I dont know any invisible/internal changes or m I missing something here.

In my few test I did to compare V5 & V6, the protection was same (FW & D+ with internet security config & without AV & cloud AV). There were no active protection in case of any.

About bypass, do you mean in default settings of V6 few malware bypassed but not in default setting of V5?

In real world scenario, CIS 6 default is excellent specially for average/majority of users.

Experts can always change the settings to their needs.

But I agree with the GUI things. Basic or Advanced GUI, average users never try to change any settings so it doesn’t matter to them how the GUI is. And DEVS have confirmed GUI changes will be there in the subsequent versions, I hope the important changes mentioned in the forum here are implemented.

Any GUI can be improved but what might be an improvement to some will be a detriment to others. I think the current UI is fine for average users.

The UI needs adaptation for the advanced users and I am very much looking forward to see what changes may come in the future.

There will be compromises as there are two different types of users to cater for.

I hope they leave the current UI with additional skin changes for users who prefer version 5 etc., I really like version 6 - I now have 1095 days left on my license key and cannot wait to see changes Comodo will make to an amazing product

Hi Melih,

I prepare a Turkish subtitle for your video to explain the Comodo to Turkish users.
Do not forget to enable subtitles :wink:
Please see here : What Makes Comodo’s Technology Superior-Türkçe Altyazılı - YouTube

Sincerely,
yigido