Why all the connections?

I am using only the basic Firewall with version number 5.0.162636.1135 and I am seeing some strange behavior. It doesn’t happen every day but sometimes when I start up my computer, the Firewall shows up to 500 connections being made to the same IP address (91.209.196.27) which is Comodo in the UK. The connections are being made by cmdagent.exe(884). Why do I need so many connections and actually why do I need any at all when I have turned off the checking for updates function? I don’t need the newer version of the Firewall in my opinion and I do not have the AV, D+, or the sandbox in use.

I also got an alert from the Comodo cloud scanner the other day. Why should I be getting that when I didn’t think I was using any component that utilized the cloud functionality?

I would welcome any input concerning whether it would be advisable to update just the basic Firewall to the newest version. I don’t need the IPv6 capability but are there other improvements to just the Firewall that I may want to take advantage of?