Where are my mini ports?? [UPDATED]

I am Currently only running Windows Vistas Firewall.

Because… I tried updating to 3.19 (latest), and it didnt go well… I then tried uninstalling CFP 3.18 so i could freshly install this version… Well I got an error in CCleaner Uninstaller AND Windows Defeault about a error and it asked me to remove it from the list…

So I tried deleting files… and CFP wont uninstall! and I cant install this one! i deleted files everywhere and i am stuck

Please help!!! :frowning:

Josh.

Sounds like you need to try the more comprehensive uninstall instructions at https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/comprehensive_instructions_for_completely_removing_comodo_firewall_pro_3_info-t17220.0.html at this point. You may eventually need to boot into safe mode to get rid of some of the keys, but try the uninstaller program first.

Yeah… I tried the uninstaller. OK I’ll see how this post goes and let you know…Thanks!

Josh.

OK. Update! I decided to do a System Restore, and It fixed my problem. I now have 3.0.19…

Now I have never seen this before on my Vista machine! what does this mean?

(Yeah… I am a Comodo Hero & an Security Tester… I sound very noobish lol) :stuck_out_tongue:

Josh.

[attachment deleted by admin]

OK, those I understand. Don’t know why you are just seeing the installation though. CFP3 installs miniports and drivers for each of your network cards. They are the artifice used to tap into the data stream so the firewall can do its job. You may see a few other miniports for things like PPPOE an PPTP that do similar functions. There is a current bug report because the “reboot” comes up before their installation is complete, and can abort the firewall installation if you reboot too soon. They end up as hidden devices after installation, so in device manager you need to select “show hidden devices” to see them. I have tried out lots of wireless NICs on various occasions, so I have lots of Comodo miniports. (attached).

I see all your mini ports… I am using Wireless on my laptop… Where are all my mini ports???

See below… Help would be appreciated

Josh.

You need to go to view/show hidden devices to make them show up under “network adapters”. Just checked, and mine are still there. :slight_smile: