What's the point of having ccs?

Well… Where to begin? Comodo Cloud Scanner seems rather unnecessary. What is it for? It does not do anything other than scan which can be done by the system cleaner and the antivirus. If they detect the same things, then what’s the point of having comodo cloud scanner?

It’s a diagnostic tool.
Indeed, until it cleans what it detects, it’ll be cosmetic.
The submitted files are going nowhere also…

I agree. It makes no sense. It’s nothing more than just an accessory. A “disposable” tool in my opinion. Use it once just to see if the engine works. If it does, download the two then remove ccs. If not, just proceed to removing ccs. It also made quite a few false positives when i first installed it. The weirdest part? the files it tried to upload were all system files that were signed by microsoft and had always been in every system. It doesn’t seem as intelligent as it is supposed to be. sad.

+1

Probably because CCS was used as a test tool and then the cloud components where added to the respective parts such as CIS and CSC.

Although CCS is a diagnostics tool, I see CCS as a tool for promoting Comodo’s free products. For example, if your running a McAfee, Norton, etc and CCS detects malware on your system, that tells me (or the user) that their current security suite isn’t really doing it’s job that well. The same goes for privacy, junk files, etc. Install CSC and these traces will be removed.

:slight_smile:

Don’t Ccleaner and Auslogics and others do the same and better?

Hence, it is disposable. ;D But still, it begs a question: why not try instead the actual software? Would that not be better as it will give you a better overview of what the products are actually capable of?

Another point to consider is that since it uploaded signed files from a genuine Windows product, doesn’t it make you question the capacity or rather, accuracy of this engine?

What it is good for, however, is the direct access to comodo experts (I think so) with a push of a button. :wink:

According to Melih, (as I understand it, of course) Comodo Cloud Scanner was designed to analyze the system. It was made out of the desire of Comodo to produce a smaller product than an antivirus which will allow you to diagnose the system. Afterwards, the user may choose to clean the infection (if any) himself, or get Comodo experts to do it (although it is merely a trial, it is still a great help). At the same time, it promotes Comodo.

But, like I said, why not use the AV itself? Or the cleaner itself? Since they were designed to do what they ought to, they should be the better and safer choice. The same goes if we were to look at it as a test tool. It proved successful so why keep it and advertise it as such? In the end, it all comes down to it as being merely a “disposable” tool meant for advertisement. So, yeah, I agree with Graham1. Unless of course, it were to gain other features. :wink: Here’s hoping.

When comparing to Comodo Cloud Scanner, yes, I agree. Others can do it better. But when it comes to the cleaner, Comodo System-Cleaner is a tool to keep (CCleaner is faster, but CSC goes in deeper. It’s risky, what it does, but the system-protect feature should be almost enough to keep users from destroying their PC’s although it needs a bit more improvement. If you want details on my proposed improvements, pm me. :D).

The same goes for its Internet security suite. It could be lighter though. :-La :a0I don’t mean disrespect, but I do hope Comodo can build their IS to be as quick as VIPRE (when I tried it, it felt like I didn’t install anything at all. Still, detection is good enough for the average user so I recommend it to them). It’s not small, but it is very, very light. If comodo can do it, I’d install it again (but right now, my pc wont be able to take any more of any AV. sad :'().

Hope it can clean infections, can it?

It is only for analysis.

True but I’m guessing that most users (average users) would rather stick with what they’ve got especially if it’s Symantec, McAfee, etc (or any commercial product). Why would this user want to try/test an unknown or unheard of security suite (I say unknown as not advertized or available in shops).

This is a tool I would use/run on their system and say, look, your current security suite isn’t really doing it’s job properly.

Another point to consider is that since it uploaded signed files from a genuine Windows product, doesn't it make you question the capacity or rather, accuracy of this engine?

Well, yes if this is the case but I can only see CCS getting better with each release :).

What it is good for, however, is the direct access to comodo experts (I think so) with a push of a button. ;)

Absolutely and this is true of all (I think) of Comodo’s products.

:slight_smile:

Once they fix some problems it should be able to tell you if you have any malware running on your system.

If it can ‘see’ all active processes then the user can manually check to see if the very few non-whitelisted files are malicious.

Thus I would like to see it “perfected”, or at least as close as possible.

True. So I guess it is just an advertisement. O0

Yes, well for the behavior analysis, I’m really gonna need something that uses offline analyzing. My upload speed is lower than the speed of a snail. :-[