What You Need To Know About Removing Infections and Securing Your Computer

Check Whether Your Computer Is Infected

How To Check If Your Computer Is Infected

What To Do With Files Identified As Malicious

How To Clean An Infected Computer

How To Remove Most Infections

[center]By this point the infection should be successfully removed. Now you need to worry about preventing an infection in the future.

Protect Your Computer From Future Infection

Further Questions

Please list any questions here[/center]

To check whether your computer is infected or not please follow the methods described in my article about How to Know If Your Computer Is Infected.

If you have identified a file that you believe may be malicious then there are very easy methods you can use to investigate it. Please see my article on How To Tell If A File Is Malicious.

If the file is found to be malicious, and not detected by Comodo, then you can submit it to Comodo so that they add it to their blacklist. Instructions for how to do this are given in How to Report Malware to Comodo.

To report it to other AV’s please see Antivirus Products and Useful Links.

A great guide on how to clean an infected computer is given in this guide on How to Clean An Infected Computer. The advice given is very good. If you follow it’s advice you should be able to successfully eliminate any infection.

Now that you have successfully cleaned the infection from your computer you should take steps to ensure that it does not happen again.

For this reason I wrote a guide on How to Stay Safe While Online. Please read through it and implement whichever methods you feel best fit your needs.