What to change...

I have an offer from my bank to allow me to get kaspersky internet security for free. I would, however like to know what components I would need to disable in kaspersky if I were to use it with comodo firewall. The offer only covers Internet Security and not the antivirus on its own. So there is really no easy way out. Can I ask for an answer?

You can try to disable everything besides that AV from Kaspersky

Regards,
Valentin

It’s not that easy, from what I’ve seen, there are a bunch of other settings which seem to have nothing to do with either the firewall or the antivirus.

I can’t install it and i won’t since i have CIS 5.

Look at this video maybe it will help abit Julian - YouTube

If I were you I would install CIS 5 or Avast with CF.

Regards,
Valentin

I thought I would try it since I can get it free. I might try installing it monitored by comodo program manager. Will let you know of the results.

I am looking forward to see the results :slight_smile:

Excerpts from Comodo incompatsw.ini file:

[prd4] Name= Kaspersky Internet Security Incompatibility=A firewall is currently installed on this computer. Two or more firewalls installed together can conflict with each other. Workaround=Uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security. Severity=High Status= KeyCount=2 k1=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallWIX_{9D8B0949-7C47-476F-9F06-F900D3B078EA} k2=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{9D8B0949-7C47-476F-9F06-F900D3B078EA}

[prd5]
Name= Kaspersky Anti-Virus
Incompatibility=An antivirus is currently installed on this computer. Two or more antiviruses installed together can conflict with each other.
Workaround=Uninstall Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
Severity=High
Status=
KeyCount=2
k1=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallWIX_{943B6738-4801-4982-90EC-0442EF7AEB16}
k2=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall{943B6738-4801-4982-90EC-0442EF7AEB16}

In plain language, it is highly probable that cis5 won’t even let you install it after KAV or KIS, the remaining question being if it remains possible (but what for?) the other way around.
Avira would install without any problem, whereas Avast also is on this list.
Tricks are described on the web as far as i know to install not cis av and kis, but cis without av and kav.

I meant to use the firewall of comodo with the antivirus of Kaspersky. They should not conflict if they do not have any of the same components.

I shall translate myself concerning cis3, but shouldn’t change much:
https://forums.comodo.com/francais-french/paramétrage-pour-cis-et-kav-en-association-t52747.0.html;msg375338#msg375338

KIS and CIS are totally incompatible as their respective HIPS interfere.

If installing only KAV, it won’t accept to install after Comodo.

The KAV NDIS virtual driver is said to be useless if running Windows 32bits; it is responsible of multiple crashes, depending not only of third party softwares, but also of your specific hardware configuration: some network cards shall never work (BSOD…) when running such a driver and, some time ago, i never was able to install whatever Outpost version on any of my computers for this last reason.

Excepting the Outpost comment, i didn’t write anything personnal, as i used to run some KAV versions, but without any Comodo software, and succeeded with older versions, but not with newer ones, probably for this same NDIS reason.

What i wrote is only an abstract of what can easily be found on the web regarding this question.

You shall find a trick to install KAV (no AV, what about defense+?) after CIS here:
https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/kav-and-comodo-firewall-t60210.0.html;msg423181#msg423181

Of course, it won’t either run if you don’t allow each applications from the other software, even said to lead to cyclic rebooting if not set prior to the activation of both softwares.

I’d rather disable Kaspersky’s HIPS. :ilovecomodo: