What is going on

Ok a couple of days ago I got an email from paypal saying you guys had suspended my subscription for cis pro 13, so I thought fine I’ll get the free cis, no idea why it was suspended, not like I have done anything wrong.

Now i get an email saying I am going to be renewed in 7 days billed by my credit card, which I do not remember giving to you guys, I am sure when I first got cis like 2 years ago for some special of 5 bucks I paid via paypal, same as last year.

My problem, is why suspend my paypal then use my card if I did provide it, and more to the point, why does this forum, and the website where I got cis from say comodo in it, but yet this email is from cp.plimus.com.

WTF is going on, is this a scam, >:( if not why did billing change my choice of payment, nothing personal but I prefer paypal.

If you didn’t ever give them (Plimus) your credit card data, they shouldn’t be able to do so. Sounds a bit like scam to me, maybe a phishing attack?

You can get the latest CIS (premium, free) version here:

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/3000/standalone/cispremium_installer.exe

Kind regards, REBOL.

Well maybe staff might want to put something up, I checked paypal and I did pay last year 20bucks via paypal, so must be a scam.

Nothing that new, it seems.

https://www.billguard.com/search/plimus-l6zynrf/

Kind regards, REBOL. :slight_smile:

As always with emails claiming to be from your bank never click on the provided links in your email. Instead log in with your browser using the bookmarked log in page. That is the tip also given in the topic the first link of MorphOS REBOL’s post:

Whenever in doubt, just type in paypal.com in your browser (do NOT click the links in the emails). Then check your Paypal account carefully for withdrawals. If there are none then you’re fine and know the email was a spoof.

From what I can see it is a phishing mail

Maybe we’re both wrong, Eric. Perhaps some official can also comment on it?

If trying to place an order of “CIS complete” here

Shopping Cart

redirects to:

comodo.plimus.com/jsp/buynow.jsp

So Plimus.com at least seems to be the official site for purchasing Comodo products right now?

What somehow puzzles me, though, is the following statement made by AussieAlan:

Now i get an email saying I am going to be renewed in 7 days [b]billed by my credit card[/b], [b]which I do not remember giving to you guys[/b], I am sure when I first got cis like 2 years ago for some special of 5 bucks I paid via paypal, same as last year.

Kind regards, REBOL. :slight_smile:

At AussieAlan. Can you check your Comodo account pages to see if they have your credit card information. May be the information assumes erroneously you paid by credit card.

It is probably best to contact Comodo support to get to the bottom of this: https://support.comodo.com/ .

Yes, obviously you’re right, Eric.

Still, I DO wonder: where has COMODO STAFF vanished? ???

Kind regards, REBOL

Comodo Staff members here are for specific tasks. There are no staff members active for this type of problem.