What happens when an alert times-out?

I just installed Comodo CIS. I have received a few Firewall alerts about connection attempts. One for port 135 and one for port 445. As I attempt to investigate the issue, I notice that the alert disappears after a minute or so. Does that mean it was allowed or blocked? This is not addressed in the help file. Then I go to the Firewall Event log and see that nothing is logged. Shouldn’t there be an entry there about the alert?

Thanks in advance,

Cliff

Hey Cliff,

If an alert goes unanswered, CIS will BLOCK but not REMEMBER, so the block is only a per session block.

You can increase the time a Firewall alert is displayed by clicking FIREWALL → ADVANCED → FIREWALL BEHAVIOUR SETTINGS → GENERAL SETTINGS. The current default is 120 seconds. Maximum allowable is 300 seconds.

Similarly, Defense+ alerts can be modified by clicking DEFENSE+ → ADVANCED → DEFENSE+ SETTINGS → GENERAL SETTINGS. The current default is 120 seconds. Maximum allowable is 300 seconds.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Thanks…Can I get CIS to log these default actions?

Hi panic, you said that:

...so the block is only a per session block...
but, are you talking about the operating system session? I mean, will it last until I restart the PC? If yes, is it the Comodo's behaviour for all kind of blocked requests?

Thanks in advantage for any help.
Bye,
Stefano.

Correct - an unanswered alert results in a BLOCK action that is effective for the current operatng system session.

If you select BLOCK without selecting REMEMBER the block is also only effective for that operating system session.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

thanks a lot mate for your reply :wink:
just one more question: if I hit the “Cancel” button instead? what about its meaning?
Can I think to it like a “skip” button or more properly like a sort of “Remind me later that question”?
So there wont be any kind of block or allow. Am I right?
I’m talking about CPF v3 that it’s the one I’m using.

please be patient…I’m a newbie! :-[

Is there any way to get CIS to log the actions taken when the user is not present to respond?

sorry mate, I don’t think so.
But I’m a newbie in those kind of topics and so I’m 100% sure about that.
We need to wait that some “Comodo’s gurus” will answer us! 88)