What exactly is the Shield Proxy?

I am looking at the comparison: Endpoint Detection and Response, Free - What is EDR Security? and in the line “IP Layer Protection” it says: “requires Shield Proxy” but googling that term does not yield anything useful.

Someone please explain.

It means you need to download and install the shield agent software on the device that you want to enable comodo dome on.

Shield Proxy enables you to use Comodo’s patented “containment” technology in the cloud.
what that means is, any unknown executable file will be “wrapped inside containment” in the cloud before sent to endpoint.
This way every unknown that comes into your network, will already be wrapped with our “portable containment” technology.

How does this work? Unknown file on the network gets uploaded, wrapped and then sent back? Does the endpoint have containment or is that fully handled by the cloud? How long does the whole process of uploading, wrapping and returning take? Does the cloud have a cache of wrapped files to reduce server load and provide a quick turn around?

its a “Portable Containment” technology. Where the wrapping of the unknown executable is done in the cloud (in this case by Shield Proxy servers). The key is the file hits our servers first…we put it in Portable containment…then send it down…you don’t need any endpoint product on the endpoint :slight_smile: Quite cool really…and its our patent :wink:

How does this work? Unknown file on the network gets uploaded, wrapped and then sent back? Does the endpoint have containment or is that fully handled by the cloud? How long does the whole process of uploading, wrapping and returning take? Does the cloud have a cache of wrapped files to reduce server load and provide a quick turn around?
That seems to work the other way around, only incoming stuff, aka downloaded gets protected and wrapped but since you are using the shield proxy which apparently tunnels out all your traffic through comodo and they already protect your DNS if I understand this right, all your traffic now goes through comodo, please correct me if I am wrong.
you don't need any endpoint product on the endpoint
You certainly do, are we not just discussing the shield proxy here, an agent installed on a machine I want protected?

we check the dns…is it known good or known safe…
if known safe…allow
if known bad…block
if Unknown, then proxy the traffic through our servers so that we can apply containment.

That’s what I meant to say. With network I meant when something shows up on the local network typically caused by a download from a user.