What do I think about Comodo?

No, there isn’t. Never. I work part of my day pro bono. I was telling ss26 that you do not need to earn money to work well, like, for instance, the forum moderators.

Thanks.

Any time Tech:)

Really ?!
Sure, but you still continue and talking about the matter posting another empty-worded useless message that has nothing to do with the purpose of the topic.

You most likely did not get any of messages posted here
You did not get at all neither the initial meaning of the topic nor anything that Tech ; glifford and others were trying to convey here

Melih has rights to react - Yes. But one(!) strongly formulated (important!) message was (is) enough.
Repeated offensive messages were and still are not appropriate ( 88) I think)

Read the thread title again

As I can see it - this forum was a better, much better place in the past … much friendlier and fair
Unfortunately few or more extremely good, rather excellent helpers left including some mods=helpers.

Some mods here (no names) transformed drastically compare to what they were before. They became tolerant to anything that we can call fanboism, ■■■■ messages that can be considered as a spam, unneeded repeated questions that have one simple purpose - humiliate the opponent… including CEO (!) of such company as Comodo , who should stay out of such things, but… as we can see that was not the case.

Your recent message was not about this forum, and what you think about it - that was another useless post of a fanboy

Do not worry you will be fine - I will be bashed instead,

… but I can post very boring analysis of a 1000 messages of yours & I have no doubts I can prove their uselessness; mistakes made, just empty-worded posts and so on and so forth of a typical fanboy.

To make it short - since recently the word “shi*” is very popular, frequently used and therefore appropriate in this forum - you are posting a lot(!) of shi* here - for my taste that is just a spam and … well how can I put that diplomatically? - you are very much more troll than … oh! we are not talking about “what’s his name?”
We are talking about what we are thinking about this forum and how we can make it a better place aren’t we?

Can that be done somehow?

Cheers all!

SiberLynx, any practical and more constructive suggestions to the forums? i.e., how can this be better in your opinion?

Hi Tech,

Well, I was hoping there were at least few “practical & constructive” passages in my post
One even doesn’t need to read “between the lines” :wink: - it was quite straight forward
but if you didn’t get that from my post above - let’s say - that’s just my English to be blamed ;D

Cheers!

Yes we are talking about Comodo’s problems and how they could best be addressed.

No reason for you to be bashed for discussing that.

Thanks for your input… :slight_smile:

Thanks James :wink: much appreciated. Cheers!

I have one rule when dealing with humans - treat others the way you want to be treated.
However, I have no objection when snide, smug, divisive or boorish posters get their ‘just deserts’ -
from other members (and sometimes a CEO !!).

I’ve asked a few bone-headed newbie questions on this board and have never been put down or ridiculed.
And I can’t remember any other new user being treated badly either.
I really don’t see a problem here (sorry), but then again I come here for info (I’m still learning) and to maybehelp other new users, so I’m not drawn into the more ‘subjective’ threads - except this one.

The mods here are doing just fine. I like their non-authoritarian style. There’s nothing more disconcerting than a ‘Forum ■■■■’.

You are a mod for the Avast forum (I think), isn’t that enough?

Yes, people here are quite nice when it comes to asking legit questions. It is only when someone starts to harshly criticize that suddenly everyone is all defensive. It just probably comes from experiencing too many anti-Comodo people. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi LaserWraith

1st, the “legitimacy” of the question it too broad notion, despite I understand what you mean

Problem as I can see it is not “experiencing too many anti-Comodo people” (I do not remember many, who were really "anti-"s … and uncles :D) , but rather experiencing the interpretation of practically any even slight (not harsh) criticism as being “anti-Comodo”
Unfortunately, the latter attitude somehow grows rapidly in the forum lately
Add to that a layer of sweet butter spread by fan-boys and you have it - not very healthy sandwich to eat

That seems to me is one of the issues that could be addressed

My regards

No, I’m not. Just an user.

I actually read his posts when I first came across the Bob thread ( I’m a curious teapot dweller ), and I harbor absolutely no sympathy for the guy. Your take on him and his behavior pretty much matches mine.

I’m trying to separate the matter of how someone deserves to be treated from how that someone should be treated. I don’t think the former necessarily dictates or excuses the latter. So as much as Bob may deserve to be punched in the face, it wouldn’t be my place, or more importantly, it wouldn’t really rectify the fallacy he’s alleged. It’s a “the greater victory is to be the better person” kinda thing (and yeah, I’m a bit hypocritical).

This is kind of pretentious of me, but I find your post a pretty good example of tact. I don’t know if you meant to but you actually answered the question I posed to Melih.

I feel a bit less crazy now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Coming really late to this thread, and I managed to read up to page 4 because I am on tight schedule @ work…

Well, here’s my opinion on Comodo in general:
It’s the only product so far that I kept for a very long time. Really it’s a joy to use it. Very light, stable, effective. 10/10
I am a proud member of this forum. Very friendly environment, not restrictive and everyone can have his freedom. Also, we got CEO, dev’s and talented members that are always friendly, provide assistance to new members, share brilliant ideas…
This company/corporation has my respect because there is no single dirt on it’s name like there are on others companies [like updates causing windows to crash, spying ops, etc…].
It is my privilege and honor rollin’ with you, fellas.

Respect from Europe! :-TU

http://www.guzer.com/pictures/killer_kitten.jpg

Pic somewhat related… O0

Oh, must be a different Tech…

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tech is the same one but I think you will see that he is not a moderator at Avast forum. Forum titles can be very confusing.

Edit: I see what you mean he appears as one, he needs to reply.

Comodo vs Avast remind me of this:

Tech (and Bob) are the moderators…right? What am I missing.

Sorry, I don’t mean to obsess, I really don’t care if he’s an Avast moderator. !ot!

They are mods but only in Off Topic department look here tech you fit as a mod :slight_smile: