weird warning

Lately, every time I boot my computer I get a message from Comodo that it has discovered unclassified malware… c:\windows\system32\gaopdxvxtqtsniqpowognlbsvtcvixdlwqdixr.dll

I always remove it but since it’s always back again at a reboot, I was wondering if the file actually existed or this was a false positive and if it is not a false positive, where it’s coming from and what program keeps installing it.

I don’t think that’s a false positive because CIS isn’t going to be making up .dll names. That’s obviously not a valid .dll name, so I suspect you have an infection.

OK, thanks. I’m running full scans bi-nightly and removing everything that turns up. Anything else I can do to get rid of the thing?

Run a MBAM and/or SAS scan just to be sure.

What to do if you’re infected - eXPerience Rev.2

This is a great reference.

OK, thanks folks. I’ll give it a shot.

Would you believe? I was trying to download the SAS Installer from their site http://www.superantispyware.com and CIS insisted it was a virus and wouldn’t allow me to download it. I tried ignoring it once but it just kept popping up again. Finally had to add it to my trusted list to even finish the download

I’m going to assume that was a false positive. ;D

That is most likely a False Positive. Please consider submitting it using How to report False Positives/Suspicious Files & How to Submit them

Keep us posted about the results of the scans.