Web Inspector... are you using it?

I can tell you straight off that any website with any moral standing is automatically blacklisted amongst the extremely idiotically brainwashed individuals who input the data into that service. And it has been proven multiple times that “they” actually pay hundreds of thousands of idiots to post disinformation everywhere. Wikipedia, YouTube, WOT, etc. So don’t give me your ■■■■ which is probably paid.

ANY AND ALL services that promote this type of actions that are not 100% mechanical and use the opinions of individuals are automatically inferior and flawed.

That is why when this product reaches its full potential, I will used this then the previously written product.

Roger :slight_smile:

Roger, please take the time to read the forums terms and conditions, particularly 5.1 - Respect members.

https://forums.comodo.com/new-member-information/forum-policy-updated-on-january-5-2011-t1516.0.html

Please also note, that if another forum member had addressed you in a similar manner they would have received the same caution.

Ewen :slight_smile:

@rogerg2

Are You so angry because of Your long beard? I hope not. :wink:

Please don’t respond like that. Ad hominem attacks are equally poorly regarded. Please see forum policy section 7.

ewen :frowning:

And it has been proven multiple times that "they" actually pay hundreds of thousands of idiots to post disinformation everywhere. Wikipedia, YouTube, WOT, etc. So don't give me your ■■■■ which is probably paid.

!ot! I think this position is a bit naive. Wikipedia, YouTube and other resources are all incredibly useful, and as with all sources of information, must be approached with a critical mind as well.

[at]panic : Please it was just a INNOCENT joke. Common I only want to defuse tension. It is a completely misunderstanding. And thanks for understanding in future. :wink:

[at] cis.fan,

Sorry. I was just trying to make sure things didn’t flare up.

Ewen :slight_smile:

I really understand a situation here and believe me , I am polite and it was just a joke. If it was not funny , my mistake. But I know how to manage things and I think twice before I click a mouse button.
Greetings and take care. :smiley:

I have tried site Inspector and it worked on the website I typed. WOT is also good but is different to Site Inspector.

Regards,
Valentin N

As far as I know, there’s at least another tool performing the same work…I’m speaking about Dr Web link checker, that is very useful since is integrated in your browser, so all you have to do, facing an untrusted site, is right-click the link and choose “scan with Dr Web link scanner”. isn’t it possible with Site insoector??

What I would like to see is an available addon/extension for SiteInspector that automatically analyzes the pages you’re visiting for active exploits. I think this would be very useful when run alongside WOT.

This way even if a safe site gets infected (which does happen) you’ll still be protected. Of course SiteInspector only protects you from exploits, so WOT is still indispensable as well. The protection they offer is different, but complementary.

I wen`t to a site today which downloads a fake AV http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=92d86f71991550763dedda5d09b3ba09c7add30fa30f44168c00507d1d6d7070-1297354632

If i enter the site via URL or IP address into SiteInspector it comes back as clean, does the site only check for exploits and not malicious downloads or does whatever is downloaded have to executed?

From the FAQ (text highlighted by me)

How does it work and what does it scan? SiteInspector uses a instance of Internet Explorer running in a sandboxed environment ( a virtual machine) and browses the page at the URL that you submitted. If the browser performs a malicious activity, crashes, [b]downloads a suspicious file[/b], changes registry entries or exhibits behavior consistent with malware activity then its flagged as malicious. This allows regular Internet users to test the safety of a particular website and allows website operators to test the safety of their website from their customers point of view.

Matty

[attachment deleted by admin]

100% true.
I remember a few years ago, I noticed that Greenpeace, PETA, and AlterNet all had that silly red “O”.

It’s also a perfect platform for ‘corporate astro-turfing’.

As for SiteInspector, I’ve used it a few times, but 9 times out of 10 the only way to obtain the
full address is to actually visit the site - by then it’s too late - or am I doing it wrong?
???

Till today i was unable to copy paste the URL of a site in Site Inspector. Now that works but I’ve to enbale javascript in the brownser.

By BoredNow:
“As for SiteInspector, I’ve used it a few times, but 9 times out of 10 the only way to obtain the
full address is to actually visit the site - by then it’s too late - or am I doing it wrong?”

Yes, you can make a research with google, copy the URL of the site you want to visit, open a new tab, open Site Inspector, paste the URL and you’ll have the verdict without entering the site.

Thanks Boris, I forgot that I can rightclick to copy the links address…embarrassed

SiteInspector is now on my Bookmarks Bar.

I’ve been using Sandboxie so long that I don’t really stress-out about ‘compromised’ sites.

Melih – I love Comodo – :viva:

Unfortunetly only exploits :confused:
It would be nice when CAV scans download files…(si visits sites, some files are downloaded and then cav scan them - when they are a virus - site is unsafe).

Cheers dude, thought as much.

Matty

http://siteinspector.comodo.com/taskreport/?uid=2247
this site is safe ? NO! This is a site find in Malware Domain List! :-\

Yep, but that was exploit?
If yes then send me a message with this link.

I think it should just give a result like “No Exploit Detected”.

Calling it safe when that’s all it checks for isn’t very accurate.