Web Based scanner stalling when scan archives checked

When I use the Web Based Scan everything works fine, and it detects 2 tools I use, Evid and smitfraudfix.

But when I check scan archives the scanner will stall when it gets to Applications Open Office. The first time it was a text file. Screen shot attached and the 2nd time still in Applications Open Office but at an xml file

The two culprits using most of the CPU are csrss and iexplorer (cpu shows over 100%)
moved the few files I could from the online scanner to the BoClean exclude list to reduce its cpu usage when scanning.
But the first time and this time when scan archives is checked csrss and iexplorer will use most of the cpu and the scan will stall / lockup at almost the same point: Applications - Open Office

Thanks
UncleDoug

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi UncleDoug,
Can you please scan the files that you think scanner stalls at by selecting ‘Individual File’ option?
If yes, we would like to have those files to investigate the reason.

Thanks
-umesh

Did a scan of the individual file and it scans okay. The file is so small it makes no sense, especially being a small txt file? It will be attached There is an identical html file in the same folder that might be scanned first

I am using XP Home SP3 with 5 users you should only need 2-3 Inslall Open Office.org 2.0
I am exagerating but it seems that when scan archive is checked it will stall at this file 19 out of 20 times. Once it was an ocx file but do not remember where. I think it still was in the Open Office folder but not sure if it was in All users applications like it usually is, Dad (my login) or Program Files.

The cpu usage is what is causing the lockup, see previous attachment.

I have a program called Whats running wonder if one of its screens might be of any help. I could start it before the scan and when it stalls try to change screens and upload it? But which screen?

Thank you for taking a look
UncleDoug

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi UncleDoug,
To handle such weird cases, we are creating a troubleshoot version of scanner, hope to get you that by this weekend.

It will be like standalone scanner which you would be able to run and send us log.

Thanks for testing it.
-umesh

Will do, save to desktop and run from there. Unless you say otherwise I will leave the Guards running on Avira and SpywareDoctor (but will be uninstalling it sometime in the near future)

If it stalls I will turn the lGuards off and try again sending you both logs 1 and 2.

Not sure why but both Avira avguard and Windows Defender MpEngine both clicked in at the same time while I was typing this. Hope future versions of Comodo will self detect each other both the presence of different Comodo programs but also unseen scheduling conflicts.

UncleDoug

Hi UncleDoug,
Please go to post mentioned below:
https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_about_cavs/web_based_av_scanner_from_comodo-t24421.0.html;msg178734#msg178734

I have made available files, which can be used to generate log for us.

Thanks
-umesh

Umesh think I found what caused the problem, but why I don’t know?

Sent your several logs this time, the last did a full scan with other anti malware programs running and no lockup or crash with archive checked using the Comodo AV Web Scanner.

UncleDoug