Web access lost after clean installation with no C.DNS on Win7 x32 [V6][M181]

A. THE BUG/ISSUE

1. What you did:
  • uninstall v5.12.
  • reboot
  • installation of v6. Antivirus and firewall. No Dragon or Geekbuddy. No Comodo DNS. Default installation directory.Was not able to update virus database due to timeout.
  • rebooted
  • timeout. surfing internet did not work. I was able to ping google. Software that I use for cloud storage was unable to connect.
  • uninstall of v6. during uninstall it mentoined “uninstalling kernel drivers”. At this point internet connection started working again because cloud software connected.
  • rebooted
  • re-installed v5.12. No problems.
    Using Win 7 Ultimate x32 SP1
  1. What actually happened or you actually saw: see 1.
  2. What you expected to happen or see: I expected everything to work as normal. I did the same on Win Xp Home x32 SP3 and on that computer everything works fine.
  3. How you tried to fix it & what happened:
  • Checked computer DNS settings: everything ok.
  • uninstall v6. re-install v6. Went back to v5.12.
  1. If a software compatibility problem have U tried the compatibility fixes (link in format)?: No
  2. Details & exact version of any software (execpt CIS) involved (with download link unless malware):
  3. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so precise steps to make it happen: Yes.
  • uninstall of v6 and re-install: same result.
  1. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): My guess:
    Something with the kernel drivers on Win 7 that are different on Xp?

B. FILES APPENDED. (Please zip unless screenshots).
0. A diagnostics report file (Click ‘?’ in top right of main GUI) Required for all issues): Appended

1. Screenshots of the 6.0 Killswitch Process Tab (see Advanced tasks ~ Watch Activity) or 5.x Active Process List. If accessible, required for all issues: Not Appended. Included csv file instead.
  2. Screenshots illustrating the bug: Not Appended
  3. Screenshots of related CIS event logs: Not Appended
  4. A CIS config report or file: Not appended.
  5. Crash or freeze dump file: Not appended
  6. Screenshot of More~About page. Can be used instead of typed product and AV database version: Not appended.

C. YOUR SETUP

1. CIS version, AV database version & configuration: v6 after default install. See A1.
  2. a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CIS: No. I did an uninstall of v5.12 first.
    b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?: Yes
  3. a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
    b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?: Yes
  4. Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): No
  5. Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+=Safe, Sandbox=Enabled, Firewall=Safe, AV=Stateful
  6. OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows 7, SP1, 32, enabled, Admin
  7. Other security and utility software currently installed: Comodo and Malwarebytes free version. Malwarebytes service is not running in the background e.a. no trial of pro.
  8. Other security software previously installed at any time since Windows was last installed*: Comodo v5.12 and Malwarebytes free. Malwarebytes service is not running in the background e.a. no trial of pro.
  9. Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box)[color=blue]: None.

Hope a fix is comming soon. On my Xp computer it works like a charm. Keep up the good work Comodo team. Much appreciated.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you very much for your bug report in standard format. We very much appreciate the effort you have made to document this bug.

We are sorry to trouble you further but there are some items of information missing or unclear in your post

• B.0 CIS diagnostics file
  • B.1 Killswitch active process list

The reasons we need these items of information, though they may not seem directly relevant to the issue are explained here.

We would be very grateful if you would add these items of information so we can forward this post to the format verified board, where it is more likely to get fixed. You can find assistance using red links in the Format and here. If you need further help please ask a mod. If you do not add the information after a week we will forward this post to the non-format board. If this happens we will tell you how to rectify this if you wish to.

In the current process we will normally leave it up to you whether you want to make a report which includes all necessary information or not. We may remind you if we think a bug of particular importance.

Many thanks again

Mouse

You may even find that running CIS diagnostics resolves this

Best wishes

Mouse

Hi Mouse1. The diagnostics tool did not find a problem. Per your request see attachments for further info. Let me know if I need to provide more information.

Included files:

• CIS 6 report
  • Kill Switch csv when having v6 installed and when having v5.12 installed
  • CIS 5.12 installation log (I think). Couldn’t find a diagnostics report.

Happy holidays!

EDIT: attached them to the initial bug report.

Thank you much appreciated, and Merry Xmas to you too!

Best wishes

Mouse

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again

Mouse

Just a short update. I tried with the last release (Comodo Internet Security 6.0.264710) but the problem still appears.
I did find an error code I missed last time. When updating fails it gives error 0x80072ee2.

Can one of the moderators pass this on the one of the developers?

Kind regards,

DNS?

Tracker updated

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (6.2.282872.2847)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (6.3.294583.2937)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

The devs have informed me that they believe that this is fixed for CIS version 7.0.313494.4115. I will therefore move this to Resolved.

If this is still not fixed for you please both respond to this topic and send me a PM (including a link to this bug report).

Thank you.