Watch my Video Blog at MelihVision :)

:slight_smile:
Very nice videos, I am a Youtube subscriber to Melihā€¦
He keeps it simple, talks normally so anyone can understand himā€¦
I have been thinking: how about an addition with some nice graphics and animations, that would replace typewriter-style text, also when melih talks, in the lower part of the screen a bar with scrolling text of some informative text, like ā€œWorried about security? Try Comodo! Free of charge and experience an amazing protection. Designed for new and advanced usersā€¦ā€, you get the idea. And while video goes on, also include why is this product good. Near the end, you could add what users/members are saying about productā€¦
A litle propaganda canā€™t hurt :wink:
Something like this:

We fans or Melihā€™s experts could do it [or we can together] that will really bring to attention to reviewers and add to itā€™s popularity.
Also, you can make ā€œComodo in actionā€ movie, where you demonstrate what this program can do! With animations and good music, it can spread like a virus!!! :slight_smile:
Just my opinionā€¦

Thank you for the support and subscription GakunGak

I try not to talk about promoting our products in the ā€œInsiderā€ channel, as this is just for industry trends and my vision. however we do talk on the ComodoVision - YouTube channel about our products.

I will pass your comments to our video production team. thank you

Melih

The thing with credit cards and scissors was just awesome to see! :wink:
But I just got this on my mind:
This evolution of the ā€œintelligentā€ type viruses, that are harder and harder to intercept, detect and clean, are they because an author of those malicious programs are analyzing several AVā€™s how they work, and then try to bypass their defenses?
For example, letā€™s assume an certain AV is not scanning for microsoft windows based services, like windows update. Can a virus hide himself like a rootkit through a windows update service, which is a legitimate service, and download it own data from a server somewhere, and actually act as a part of the update process, to do at first registry modifications, then file changes, then file corruption and file copying through the system, avoiding traditional signature based, heuristics and behavious detection patterns?
To be more clear, letā€™s say I create some kind of virus that would bypass, say, Comodo to average user [the one that clicks ok and yes to every question]. Now, I know that I would be cleaned by remote assistance through the internet, so I would block everything going in and out. How would an average user fight my virus without internet connection?
I think it would be possible in ā€œlive modeā€, with BART cd or other offline OSā€¦
So, Why not work also on implementing this Live CD feature, where you could add few diagnostic programs, comodo antivirus with ability to update itselfā€¦ As a part of future Internet Securityā€¦
Something like, pay money to get 2 services:

1. Remote assistance via internet
  2. To be able to make live cd that can be created in the program with current virus definitions, and step-by-step assistance by e-mail or remote assistance in that ā€œliveā€ enviroment, if connection is possibleā€¦ :wink:

A simple question,

Why do I have to CHECK FOR UPDATES? Nice feature, however why not just notify me that updates are available? I would like to know that updates are available ASAP reather than miss one.

Jim

Automatic notification of program and av updates are both enabled by default. Notification of program updates is under Miscellaneous)v3.x)/More(v4) ā†’ Preferences ā†’ General ā†’ ā€œAutomatically check for program updatesā€

The notitication about AV updates are under Anti Virus ā†’ Scanner Settings ā†’ Real Time Scanning ā†’ make sure "Automatically update the virus database"is enabled.

Thank you for the response, problem solved.

Jim

Still trying to download video. Have approx 1MB connection speed, but live in a complex that is wireless - like a HOTSPOT. Have many concerns about security with the connection, and more about services online. My most recent dealt with being ā€œredirectedā€ by my search engine while researching a concern dealing with video display levels that actually hurt my eyes. The term I used was ā€œWHITE FLASHā€ to discribe an intense video display strobe effect that caused ā€œOCULAR PAINā€.

After using several search engines and advanced search options I found a few posts reflecting this new issue. It seemed very difficult to find this information, as if it was obfuscated. As I entered my search terms, they were reinterpreted to remove the point of my inquiry. Were I less diligent, it would have been easily lost in translation. I have saved this search as one example of realtime manipulation of information with common internet usage and practice.

This is why my first post to Comodo was to suggest a new project of ā€œSEARCH ENGINEā€ as what would be a next good effort. I have several ideas that would integrate well with the current product and go far in making this possible. A toolbar addition would work well, and I hate toolbars for the most part. However this would be minimal and lead to active member participation in online mapping and integrity.

Again my thanks for your product. It has been a pleasure to learn how well it operates. I feel more secure already, and believe I will learn even more very soon. Thank you so much.

PEACE
PDX (Portland Ore.)

(experiencing connection problems - this may post incorrectly)