Waiting for v 5.10

well that maybe for the old releases but since we mods have asked for a new release method end users have not had many problems, we take the brunt of BSOD and other errors so that you end users can have a easy change over with minimal problems. If you wait for a product to be perfect you will never get it. The last manjor release 5.5 had no issues that I can remember.

??? Is the delay of CIS 5.10 anything to do with fixing the hole created by the MRG online banking simulator? It seems Comodo has participated in MRG tests again. I hope at least CIS 6.0 is able to pass that.

http://malwareresearchgroup.com/2012/02/05/mrg-effitas-bbc-follow-up-test-update/

not that I know of.

It’s a maintenance update with nothing new. Just fixes:

IMPROVED! Compatibility with other security suites is improved in Windows 7 x64 FIXED! BSOD when corrupted executables are loaded in memory in Windows 7 x64 FIXED! HIPS can leak process handles with a special set of access rights FIXED! Smart scan crashes under certain circumstances

There are also changes to the installer we are testing which should make an upgrade installation a better experience.

There is no relation between the delay and this that we know of.

It’s there… COMODO Internet Security 5.10.228257.2253 Released!

As the waiting is now over this topic is locked. :slight_smile: