Visualize in real time all the traffic going through the Comodo Firewall

I have three computers, one of them acting as a gateway to the Internet. On this computer I installed Comodo Firewall, and I’d like to use it to block some traffic so the other two computers cannot access certain data.

I use the ‘Custom Ruleset’, and I have defined a few ‘Global Rules’.

But now I’m stuck on two or three more rules (hopefully the last ones!), and the main problem is that I cannot visualize in real time all the traffic going through the Comodo Firewall. Being able to see all the addresses/ports would make it a lot easier for me to write these allow/block rules.

Is there a way to see this traffic in real time?

I tried accessing the ‘View Logs’ section (Firewall Events), but nothing is recorded there. Logging is enabled in the ‘General settings’ section (both local database and Windows Event Log), and the ‘C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Firewall Pro\cislogs.sdb’ log file is more than 200 KB in size. I did try opening this file using the ‘Open log file’ button in the ‘View Logs’ section, but again, nothing gets displayed.

I just need a way to visualize in real time all the traffic going through the Firewall, which packets get allowed/blocked, their source/destination IP’s, etc. This would be hugely helpful in setting up the global rules I need.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Alex

All right, I’ve figured out why the logging wasn’t working…!

There was a checkbox (called ‘Log as firewall event if this rule is fired’) that I missed to check. This checkbox shows up with each rule defined in the ‘Global Rules’ section.

Alex

Use view connections task.