Vista Security Center reporting that Comodo AV turned off

Using Vista Home Premium (64-bit) with all updates and latest version of Comodo Internet Security.
Comodo reports itself as operating properly, however, Vista Security Center constantly nagging that Comodo AV is turned off. Why is this going on and how can I fix it?

This used to be a problem on XP with AV’s that Windows didn’t recognize. Don’t know much about Vista but in XP you could put a check in a box telling Windows that you would self check whether you had an AV or not and stop the pop ups in that way.

bluesjunior,

Thanks for the reply. I know that I can do that, but I vaguely recall that Vista Home and Comodo had this problem early on in the game, and I thought that Comodo did some recoding to eliminate the problem. I find it strange that it should just start reappearing in the last month or so…

Try repairing your WMi repository.

It happens frequently when database become corrupt security centre reports false status of AV and firewall.

try renaming the c:\windows\system32\wbem\repository folder and then restart your computer, it should solve the problem.

or alternatively follow the exact procedure from this link http://windowsxp.mvps.org/repairwmi.htm

also you can use methode described here ESET Knowledgebase

regards

Adi

aditya_dmj,

Thanks for that. It worked perfectly!