Virus pop up timeout logging/notification [M1952]

1. What actually happened or you saw:
    When i am not on the computer Comodo handles viruses automatically after a while.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
    Have an Option for comodo to log that an alert timed out and log the action that was taken by CIS. Also the tray icon should have some visual indicator that an alert was missed so the user knows to check the logs. CIS should give the user an easy way to reverse the actions that were taken automatically.

3. Why you think it is desirable:
    When the user cannot respond to the popup for any reason instantly he should still have the option to decide later.

4. Any other information:
    no

I dont think this is possible. CIS will just prevent the malware from running after a certain amount of time the malware will crash since its not able to run.

Out of curiosity, do you know if there are any other antivirus softwares that have this option?

Even if CIS blocks the malware the alert could still stay on screen, for an easy clean when you get back. In fact I wish CIS had infinite alerts option for all modules.

Another way around this would be to have a option to have alert message or icon in the task bar, when you need to check the logs for missed alerts as having the alert stay on screen serves no useful purpose as clicking it will do nothing.

Dennis

Via a late malware alert you can clean the malware and add it to exclusions, via late hips and firewall alerts you can choose ‘remember my answer’ to allow or block the action for the future or perhaps even block the whole program from running in the future, all easily accessible rather than going through menus upon menus upon menus to achieve the same.

I have made some edits does everything still sound ok?

PM Sent

Well i would then suggest a icon that opens a list where the actions are taken and the events are listed.

As there has been no response, I will move this request to “Added/Rejected Wishes”.

Thank you.

qmarius what kind of response from who you mean from wasgij6? I did respond to his question now i wonder of what you are talking please explain.

Sorry. The first post was not edited to include modifications from discussion which confused me.

Sorry again.

Well when you feel the question is formulated proper please add a Poll.

Addet the poll myself.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.