Virus database updates not working?

Hi,

A while ago, I started having a problem with the AV part of CIS premium: scanning files was taking a very long time, even hours for tiny files.
And every time I tried to scan a file, the program would try to update the virus definition, even if it had just finished updating.
Worst of all is that lately the virus database updates have been taking forever, or just fail and never update.
The last update shown for me is 22 hours ago, and for whatever reason, manual updates are erroring out.

Customer Support suggested I use the cleanup tool to remove my current version, and that I install the latest standalone version from this link:
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/standalone/cispremium_only_installer.exe

I am currently using v12.0.0.6882, which I read is the most stable.
Outside of virus updates, I don’t think I have any issue with this version.

Is the issue that older versions are not updating properly anymore? Or is it perhaps some Comodo CDN issue?
Will upgrading fix the issue?
Lastly, why does AV need to update definitions before every scan?

Hello Hadronox,

Thank you for reporting.We will check this issue and update you.
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

Hello Hadronox,

We have tested in our environment with multiple platforms and there is no such delays.This might be due to network issue.So if you still had this issue in the sense Please don’t hesitate to ping me.
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

You may have the same as I had recently, it failed to fully download one large update so even though it said it was up to date it was not.

Each time you update it tried to download the same large file and failed.

Check the about on CIS and post the virus database version you have.

Dennis

Check C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Cis\signatures for the presence of .cav files there should only be one.

Lastly, why does AV need to update definitions before every scan?
By default the [url=https://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-766-9161-Scan-Profiles.html#settings_cust_scan_options]scan options[/url] for each scan profile to check for av database updates before running is enabled.

Please perform a clean install of version 12.2.2.7036 and check again, it should be fixed.

It seems that the issue resolved itself after a few days. Updates are working now and so does the scanning.
Thanks anyway :wink: