Virus database update stops at 30%

Hello Karl,

Please tell him to contact melih@comodo.com for this.

Hi Ronny,

Done. I’m hoping that Comodo and Lojack efforts end up whitelisting Lojack (absolutesoftware).

Thanks,
Karl

Their working on it :slight_smile:

Today is July 1, 2009. My “Virus Database Update” is stuck at 30%. My system is on a dialup connection.
I have read many of the posts and am wondering what too do!

My Comodo version is 3.9.95478.509
The virus Signature Database version is :0

I am wondering if the problem has still not been resolved or if there is a conflict problem somewhere?

My feeling is that due to this issue my system may be completely vulnerable and/or under attack!
This sadly is weakening my confidence in Comodo firewall & Antivirus software and its protective capabilities.

Hello Driftair,

I think we need to do a little investigation here, could you please reboot and then check your AV database version again without connecting to the net, when CIS show’s 0 it’s in the middle of updates so we can’t check what version you are having currently.

Once that’s done we can see what’s happening and if there is a lot of traffic to expect…

Ronny

Well with 3.10 out tommorrow, it has a smaller DB (in MB) should help with this problem.

Hi there, I have version 3.10.102363.531. I have tried many times since installing this version on the weeked to update it. I do have dial up, but it ‘hangs’ at 30%. Eventually I will get a "need to restart for changes…etc"message, but when I restart I still have signature database version 1157 and my home screen says that I have never updated the viruse database.
I am running WinXP SP3. Any help would be appreciated.

Zenon

Can you force an other update, i have seen that “never updated” before, that doesn’t get updated after the first round of downloads… that should be a minor GUI bug…

Please check for updates again, it will take some time on dialup.

I’ve checked for updates Sunday night, Monday Night and this afternoon. I have left the updater running for several hours or overnight waiting for the download to progress. Same outcome everytime. I’m sorry I don’t know what you mean by ‘forcing another update’.

Sorry, i meant a “Update Virus Database” on the AV screen.

You can use the Firewalls, View Active Connections to check if the updater is still downloading.
By checking the “Bytes In” counter increase.

I have the same problem too… Please help… :frowning:

Hello Sporsal,

Welcome to the forums.
Can you please check this post first ?

https://forums.comodo.com/anti_virus_faq/database_updates_freeze_at_30_what_is_going_on-t43099.0.html

And see if that helps…

I reinstalled the program then allowed “hopsurf toolbar” on my browser.Went to AV scanner on toolbar and downloaded that, scanned and then retried the virus update and worked perfectly. The virus scan uncovered several malware and virus that Windows OneCare did not find. Runs great now!

So if i understand correctly you could not update previously because of infections ?
Do you happen to have a list of those infections and or even better the files ?

It just won’t update .It stascks on 30 percent ,after it asking for restart and after restart once again is says that it never updated.

Hi Pavelman,

That’s because it needs an extra update, can you please push the update av database and update again ?
Then it should be good.

did it 100 times . uninstalled , did cleant install several times .didn’t help :-[

When updating first time after install file bases.cav grows to 104 mb . CIS want restart ,but after restart the file just back to 4mb,and in following updates it stays 4mb and doesnt changes.
using windows 7 rtm

Okay try the following

1. check to see if the virtualstore contains a comodo folder.
    c:\users<your.userid>\appdata\local\virtualstore\program files\comodo

If so delete all in it and remove the folder.

1. download the av database using this link:
    http://download.comodo.com/av/updates311/sigs/bases/BASE_END_USER_v2176.cav

Save it somewhere, disable D+ copy it to c:\program files\comodo\comodo internet security\scanners and save it there as bases.cav, next reboot your system, you should now be up to version 2176.

If so check for updates to go to the latest updates.

Hi. I’m new to CIS, but not to computer security products.
I’ve been having this same problem of the virus database updater stalling at 30% then giving me the failed to update message. >:(
I downloaded the CAV file above and when I went to copy it to my scanners file, I was asked if I want to replace my current 91 MB file with the new 5.7 MB file. Seems dumb to do so to me. :-\
My question is this, is there a way to add the new CAV without losing the old one? Also will I now be able to update my virus sigs thru the UPDATE link in the CIS program after I change the CAV to this new one? ???

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this.