Virtual Kiosk Does Not Start [V7B][M825]

HI all

1. Product version: COMODO Internet Security 7.0.308911.4080 BETA
    2.Operating System:windows 7 ultimate (x32) and xp3 x32 runing by VMware Player
    3.Configuration: Default IS configuration
    4.i can not be opened virtual desktop
    5.No programs installed on the computer
    6.Windows system newly installed
    7.cis report
    http://www.gulfup.com/?4CvFlP

2. Process List
    http://www.gulfup.com/?qVb9BT

First let’s rule out any installation problems. Please try reinstalling CIS by following the advice I give in this post. Then, after reinstalling CIS, do not change any settings. With everything left at default see if the Kiosk is still unable to be opened.

If the problem continues then please attach a diagnostics report and KillSwitch Process List to your first post. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

OK :embarassed:

Was corrected post

Thank you. I was really hoping that would fix this. However, I suppose a Process List would also be useful. This may help them narrow down the problem. Can you please also attach a Process List to your first post? Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

ok

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

Just to make sure, does it help if you reset the sandbox? Does resetting it allow the Virtual Kiosk to start?

If not then please zip up a copy of the VTRoot folder, upload it to a file sharing site, and PM me a download link. I can then pass that on to the devs as it may be very helpful.

Thank you.

The devs have been unable to replicate the issue you are experiencing.

Bump. Can you please provide the files I requested here?

Also, right after clicking to start the Virtual Kiosk, could you please make a full dump using KillSwitch? If you are not sure how to do this please feel free to ask and I can help.

Thanks.

OK

But I do not know to do about it

You can create a full dump by opening KillSwitch. Then right-click on any process and select “Create Dump”. Then select the option to “Create Full Dump”. This will create the full dump, which you can upload to a file sharing site and paste the download link in your reply.

Also, does resetting the sandbox help?

Thanks.

Hi Chiron, on my system Kiosk works 100% fine from the blue gui button. So I think he may need to cleanely and completely remove CIS Beta and then reinstall it >:-D

I believe he said he did that above. Thus, what is needed now is a Full Dump when the problem occurs. The devs should hopefully be able to pull the required information out of that to understand the situation. However, until that is provided the devs cannot look into this bug report any further.

I’m really sorry I hope that you accept my apology because of ignorance of the topic, I downloaded the new version and the virtual is working well 8) :-TU

No problem. I’m happy to hear it’s working now.

In that case I’ll move this to Resolved.

Thanks again.