Virtual Desktop - Screen capture?

V12.2.2.8012 (Firewall only) Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (clean install with all MS-updates)

Within Virtual Desktop it is not possible to take a screen capture (still image) using the keys “Alt+PrtSc” or “PrtSc” however it is still possible to take a screen capture (still image) or even to make a screen recording (video stream).

Foreground applications are not prevented while background applications are blocked, also not all screen capture methods are supported.

Thank you futuretech.

I’m not sure if there is a clear distinction between a foreground and a background application as one foreground (trusted) application that I used was prevented (blocked) from taking a screen capture while another application wasn’t prevented from taking a screen capture.
You wrote that “not all screen capture methods are supported”, do you mean screen capture methods blocking wise or allowing wise?

Blocking, and it is not an issue if you can capture windows that are within virtual desktop, as it is meant to block capturing outside VD/containment. Same with keylogging, it should block keylogging of keys being sent to non-contained applications when the keylogger is running in containment. A similar issue with secure shopping with screen capturing, which should apply to HIPS “direct monitor access” and containment.

A very informative and clarifying answer, thank you.
While reading the “SS similar issue” thread I didn’t expect that open end, how did it continue?