Virtual browser freezes when typing into a text field

The virtual Opera browser in Win10 freezes when I try to type something into a text field. I have to stop the process from the task manager to close the app.

The virtual browser worked fine in Win7.

I also found that I can’t launch Opera in the Virtual Desktop. I get an error message that I must be an administrator but when I open as an administrator, the error message says I don’t have access to files needed to launch the app.

Not using Opera myself but I know Firefox works in virtual desktop.
If possible could you try Firefox to see if that works?

Thank you for the reply.

I tried Firefox and I can’t type into the address bar. The buttons quit responding as soon as I click the address bar. The issue is the same as in Opera.

Very odd. I didn’t have any typing problems when using the virtual browser in Windows 7.

Windows 7 is a laptop, and Windows 10 is an all-in-one desktop using a wireless keyboard.

I forgot to tell that I only tested Firefox running in virtual desktop on Windows 7.
So I’m not sure if those browsers work in virtual desktop on Windows 10.

Have you tried to reset the container first before starting up virtual desktop and running Firefox/Opera?
Also, do Firefox and Opera work when you run them in the container directly (so not using virtual desktop)?

Additionally.

When you run notepad in virtual desktop can you enter text into notepad using your wireless keyboard?
Just guessing but maybe your wireless keyboard stops working in virtual desktop and locks everything.
Maybe try with standard USB keyboard.

Thank you for your advice.

I tried your suggestion, and I have learned that the virtual browser running on the regular desktop does not like my wireless keyboard (same with Opera and Firefox). A USB keyboard does work in the virtual Opera browser.

The wireless keyboard seems work in the virtual desktop when typing into Notepad and Firefox (Opera won’t run, error message keeps saying I don’t have sufficient privileges).

I now know that if I need to type anything into a virtual browser (running on a regular desktop), I’ll have to use a USB keyboard. Slightly inconvenient but it’s a livable workaround.

Thank you for your help.

You’re welcome.

Obviously there are more browsers which have some issues when running them in virtual desktop or in containment.
Opera should work too in virtual desktop or in containment in my opinion.
I hope it will get fixed (and the wireless keyboard issue too).

Hi HapaDragon,

Sorry for the trouble, We will check this.
Could you tell us the CIS version ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT